Leg Cramps - How Much Magnesium? Potassium?

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/10 4:00 am
Magnesium citrate PILLS, not liquid, for muscles.  Magnesium oxide for constipation.
KRWaters
on 7/31/10 7:37 am - Manteca, CA
Michele, thanx for the clarification.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/10 3:59 am
Hi!

I am currently taking magnesium citrate at a 2:1 ratio with my calcium, so 1250mgs total.

I also found that I need more than 64 ounces of liquids a day. I usually get in around 120 ounces now.

My foot cramps are gone (they were horrible and usually in the middle of the night) but I don't know if it was the mag citrate or the liquids or a combo of the two.

I also take mag oxide for constipation issues.

I don't mess with potassium as long as my levels are good.

HTH,
Michele

Samaro ..
on 7/31/10 4:14 am
On July 31, 2010 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, m h wrote:
Hi!

I am currently taking magnesium citrate at a 2:1 ratio with my calcium, so 1250mgs total.

I also found that I need more than 64 ounces of liquids a day. I usually get in around 120 ounces now.

My foot cramps are gone (they were horrible and usually in the middle of the night) but I don't know if it was the mag citrate or the liquids or a combo of the two.

I also take mag oxide for constipation issues.

I don't mess with potassium as long as my levels are good.

HTH,
Michele

Fabulous!  Thanks Michele.

I'm good on fluids at over a gallon/day and my potassium levels are within normal range but I have some wiggle room to go up a bit.  However, your magnesium total intake is very helpful.  I appreciate the feedback.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views