pain on left hand side of back, just above waist

kirmy
on 12/28/10 7:45 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Is the pain constant or spasmodic?  Does it hurt to depress?  Do you have a fever or chills or nausea?  It could be these things:

1. a kidney stone and or infection
2. peritonism from an infection in your peritoneal cavity...secondary to a leak
3. a pulled muscle
4. an ovarian cyst where are you in your cycle?
5. a partial bowel obstruction
6. a fart waiting to happen

Soooo without being examined you'll not know....and if I were you I'd want to know now rather than later!!! Keep an eye on your temperature and if it starts going up get your arse to A&E!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Larissa P.
on 12/28/10 10:19 am - Denton, TX
Oh, what is the A&E? Is it like an American Emergency Room? Cuz here, A&E is a TV channel that shows classic movies. :)
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
yorkieGal
on 12/28/10 11:29 pm - Clermont, FL

Hey Kirms, the pain is actually spasmodic in that it gets worse for a while then eases off (although the area remains tender). It seems to help when some one rubs it and i put aheat pad on it although if you press down on the area it is tender. I dont have a high temperature although feel a bit icky and nauseas (I have put that down to the painkillers, they always upset my stomach for some reason, my mum has the same problem).
Cycle is pretty much in the middle I think...Never had any female problems before. The pain doesnt feel like it did when I had my leak before. It has been over 18 months since I had a problem with my leak...the doc thought it had healed over...when I had that I had a raging temp, had difficulty breathing and felt like death warmed up.
Pooping has been less although I put that down to my eating alot less as I have been feeling crappy. I had my usual constitutional this morning though!lol
I am managing on OTC pain killers at the moment and trying to limit them as they make my nausea worse and then I dont want to eat which is not good!!
I will get a digital thermometer on the way home from work and keep an eye on the temp and if it goes up in an alarming way I'll get myself to the A&E or Urgent care centre quick smart!
What do you think??

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

amccu18007
on 12/28/10 5:20 am - Newark, DE
Sounds like how my kidney stones started. It was a dull backache for me on the "flank-like" part of my back. I think that I would go and at least get it checked out.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/28/10 9:33 am
The placement of the pain makes me think kidneys too, and I've had so many stones, and will tell you that the size and position of the stone can make a huge difference in the pain. It can be a small niggling annoyance, or mind bending. You want a Dr to determine what it is anyway, but if it is a ks, there are ways to deal with them before getting to a horribly painful place, so don't wait. Also, if it is a ks, the pain will not leave for good, and when it comes back it is always worse. It's awful to sit in the emergency room like that, so don't be a procrastinator like me, it's just not worth it. I hope you get an answer and feel better.
P. Poster
on 12/28/10 10:56 am
 I'd go get it checked out hun.  I know, probably the LAST thing you have the time or emotional energy for now, but, it could be several things from rather benign and "wait and see" to serious.  Abdominal pain can play host to many things, and it's never one to brush off, even as a nonop.  I hope you feel better soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views