trapped gas in bowels.. please help

yes4Jess
on 1/22/11 6:41 am - somewhere, MI
So I have been feeling like CRAP lately... I knew it was multiple issues but is what the Dr said today

I have a bladder infection, a kidney infection, some vaginal infection thats not a yeast infection  these are all related she says.  Also I am extremely dehydrated.  I drank over 64 ounces of fluid all within 8 hours before the test saying this.   Im worried... she says drink more but IM drinking as much as I can it dfoesnt seem to be doing anything.

Also my xray showed that my large intestines are FULL of large pockets of gas.  he says he's never seen anything like that. They were able to follow my entire track easily because it was so full of gas.

I am SUPER swollen, pants dont fit and I have known all week somethings wrong...  why wont it come out of me on either end???????  Is there anything I can do to help this?  :(

I am very miserable as you might imagine from all of these above things....I am on antibiotics now, drinking as much as possible and laying around in bed.... STUPID pain.  

I did actually ASK them for an IV to help me and you all know thats a BIG deal for me.... and she said NO just drink a LOT more.  *cry*
5'5" HW-344 (10/4/09) SW-295 (10/7/10) CW-161 GW-144
Never give up, Never surrender! ~Galaxy Quest

First person to tell me I took the "easy" way out is getting a black eye!

z85sparty
on 1/22/11 6:43 am - Mason, MI
Ahhh, Jess... I'm so sorry!!!  I don't have much advice other than try and drink more!  Let me know if there is anything I can do for you though!!!!! 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

kirmy
on 1/22/11 6:54 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Are you ****ting normally?  You sound like you may have a bowel obstruction.  Can you get to your surgeon ASAP and get them to have a look?  Have you been vomiting or having diarrhea? 

Get thee to your surgeons office!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
yes4Jess
on 1/22/11 7:05 am - somewhere, MI
yes going to the bathroom normally and trust me some gas does come out jsut never enough for relief.  Its not even at all smelly its just a PILE OF trapppped gas.

No vomitting or DHR   just that of course with all these infections I am in pain everywhere.

kirmy
on 1/22/11 7:26 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Nope severely dilated bowel loops are bad and shouldn't be treated lightly.  You could be pseudo obstructed and I really have to say again GO TO YOUR SURGEON.  Seriously this isn't you needing a fart, gas doesn't trap like that without some structural or infective process in action.  How would you know if you had an area of dead bowel?  You wouldn't feel it although you'd feel like ****  I say again GET TO YOUR SURGEON because your symptoms are cause for real concern.  PLEASE!  PRETTY PLEASE!

STEVE STEVE YOU ABOUT?  TELL HER TO GO TO HER SURGEON...Steve is a doctor and he's gonna come along and tell you to go see your surgeon now.

STEEEEVVVE STEEEEEEEEVE  STTTTTTTEEEEEVVVVEEEEEE!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
yes4Jess
on 1/22/11 8:28 am - somewhere, MI
ok I will call my surgeon... although I am quite certain he isnt around until Monday and I need to borrow a car to get to him.... this is the unfortunate part about travelling for surgery...fortunately its only about an hour drive though

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 9:44 am
Kirmy --  Excellent advice.  All I can say is, "Ditto". 

I appreciate your vote of confidence!  Maybe I should look into a Spanx superhero suit and cape. . .
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/11 7:51 am
Jess, I second what Kirmy said, please go to or at least call your surgeon. Don't wait.

your doctor doesn't sound like he gets it, when it comes to the needs of a patient with a DS.

There has to be something that is trapping the gas inside.

Good Luck
Hey Jules
on 1/22/11 6:55 am
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have you tried Gas-X? I take 3 extra strength chewable Gas-X (they taste like berry) and it makes the gas easier to pass. That, and a long walk.

Hope you feel better soon!

Jules

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

happychick
on 1/22/11 6:56 am - Canada
Oh Jess it sucks that you are being hit with all this at once....yikes!  I know how hard it must be to drink constantly but it sounds like it's important.

I know that two things have worked for me to expel gas:  massage my belly starting just below my breasts and not pushing too hard just a firm pressure going downward from one side to the other and across again - picture your intestine winding back and forth and follow that path with your hand.

Secondly I have found that walking really helps.  Go in a safe but isolated area and/or with someone you are comfortable passing gas in front of as you want to get this stuff out and holding back is not good for you so if it wants to come - let it!

Hoping the days ahead are more comfortable for you.

Hugs,
Mickie

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views