So you lost the weight- now what?

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/11 11:23 pm
Anyone else out there feel a sort of let down after reaching goal? It's hard to describe really, but I almost feel as if it is akin to grieving. Like what I was so used to is now gone and I must learn how to maintain...often without the support of the board as it is mainly focused on new journeys.

Anyone else feel this way or am I just a loon?
kirmy
on 3/7/11 12:07 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm still whoring about feeling smug and self important.  I imagine I'll fall into a deep neurosis and feelings of angst and inadequacy within the next two months.  Why don't you plan a bank heist or something difficult and time consuming?   Maybe we can learn to knit and then make ill fitting balaclavas for the new emerging terrorist factions in Northern Ireland? 

I don't have any answers but I can see how waiting your whole life to master this daemon should seem like a bigger event.  I mean surely there should at least be an Ompa pa band or something!  This is up there with losing your virginity and getting married then finally divorcing then actually going out with someone you like. 

What ever you do I'll still be here to support you and make relatively pointless replies to your posts.  You have done an amazing thing and it does have a ripple effect all around you.  Maybe get out and angel about a bit.  That is good for the soul and then we can form little DS armies and have on-line pitched battles with our new forces.  I must warn you though my DS concubines are dirty fighters and have their eyes on the prize!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/11 1:14 am
  If you ever stop whoring about it would be devestating to all of us so I highly recommend setting a PW schedule on a semi-weekly basis, just to keep yourself sharp and the rest of us on our toes. I'll bring the tie dyed yarn and patterns as our army must be hip. Besides, I've always wanted to see Northern Ireland.
kirmy
on 3/7/11 1:26 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Knit one pearl two...

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/11 1:41 am
lolol
beemerbeeper
on 3/7/11 12:29 am - AL
Maintenance is a whole new game, huh? I think the cruise helped me tremendously and now I am focused on making and keeping good DS friends who will always be there to help me KEEP this weight off.

If more of us talked about maintenance issues here on OH I think more who are IN maintenance would stick around and post more, but that is just a guess.

I know exactly how you are feeling with some added FEAR of regain thrown in.

~becky

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/11 1:19 am
It sure is Becky, totally new and different kind of game. I just hope pre ops consider this part of the deal...once your weight is gone it will be a new way of life to keep it off. Along with what you said, it does seem maintenance isn't discussed much, if at all. I guess the discussions about regain and such do touch on it. Ultimately it is up to us...guess that's the scary part. Can I trust myself now? Even with my DS...can I really trust myself to do what is right? I certainly freakin' hope so...and if not, I'm sure my DS buddies here will kick my ass back into play. Least I hope so.
Renee2007
on 3/7/11 12:36 am - Central, FL
I know what you are syaing and feeling. I have found for me that the more I am here helping and cheering people on the more it makes me accountable. I really need the moral support here. There are no support groups in my immediate area. I think if I drifted away from here I wouldn't be as aware of keeping my carbs in check and exercising and such. I know for me I really need this site to help me along.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/11 1:23 am
Thanks Renee and I so agree with you on sticking around here for support. It really does make you accountable, no matter what stage of the DS you are in. Drifting is such a good adjective because that's what I've been feeling lately...sort of drifting without any definition or defining moment. *lol* Amazing...like what? Now  I expected there to be a freakin' marching band at the end of my DS rainbow!? I sure can be a turd....because truth is, there is no end to it. It will always be and I just have to figure out how to make myself comfy for the long haul. With yours and others support, it will take some bumps out of the road to be sure. xo 
beemerbeeper
on 3/7/11 1:41 am - AL
***LIKE***

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 358 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views