on 3/27/11 9:33 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
so i put us roughly like so:
june 19 jacksonville, FL
20 Savannah, GA
21-25 Myrtle Beach, SC
25-27 Raleigh, NC
27 to July 1 Glen Allen, VA
1 - 6 Around DC, right now millersville is the only reasonably priced place I find

OK, first hurdle, put us somewhere for 4th of July. My dad's family is from this area, not that I can find any of them, but my personal history plus US history and we breezed thru in 2008 without my brain attached.

And this area is FULL of some of my fave ppl in the WLS world

OK, so moving on to night of July 6, guide me:

08 we stayed in Clarksboro, NJ and met ppl from both PA and NJ, tho I can't remember exactly where that was, except i know NJ has no left turns and it took us over an hour to get to the restaurant because we could see it but not get turn into it. Of course, might be that crazy Elizabeth N moving it about so she could watch the big black truck cruising back 'n forth. LOL

then to Florida NY, which is as close as I could find to get RV to NYC. Don asked me if I wanted to go INTO NYC. Since truck 'n fifth wheel could potentially be in two different black, no. Prius, sure. LOL Park away, take truck to town? <shudder> that truck is 3 Priuii long. Possibly leave truck, take public trans to NYC and I'm thinking, but why? Both of us have been there before, very young, but all that citiness scares me. Montana, in contract, does not scare me.

Then, if we continue due north, his family is in Albany area. So, in 08, we did lunch and that was OH SO WRONG, so we must allow a full day there.

Then, my brain splits. We want to touch the whole NE corner.

Ideas?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

MajorMom
on 3/27/11 9:46 am - VA
I haven't heard back from Don but I think I'm your POC for DC and we have you scheduled for Dr Elariny's support group on the 5th. Of course we can set something up more social during the early part of the week as well. Maybe that weekend?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

vitalady
on 3/27/11 10:38 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
does this schedule work for you? I get so confused about DC/VA area. I see why we picked GA, VA. Tried to get to Richmond, no place to stay. Too far to continue on up to MD without a stop and besides, I still want to pick up a few pieces of history in VA.

I'm further No., now and when I look at where we're trying to go, and then I bring up a map of campgrounds, i swear they all scurry away from our target! LOL

we kinda want to go along 95 up the coast, but all CT ones are NOT on the coast. LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

MajorMom
on 3/27/11 10:50 am - VA
Your scedule is perfect. Don't change a thing. You'll have to travel a bit to get down to Fairfax on the 5th but with an early start you should be fine.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kenyatta W.
on 3/27/11 10:46 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
HELLO VITALADY,

I WAS WONDERING IF THIS TOUR WILL EVER COME TO CHICAGO, IL?

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

vitalady
on 3/27/11 11:18 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
absolutely

BUT and this is big. I've never found an rv park near it.

my friend has 3 acres, but it's a tight fit to get in. She can stick us in a corner, but the getting there.... and we suck all the electric out of her house! LOL

i love staying there (Roselle), her yard is like a park, she has cats, door is open, wander in, help myself. When I stay with friends and can use real washers and dryers vs my mini ones, I wash the big things, like bedspreads and all.

So, see if you can make an RV park appear and that will help me.

I'm at the line of MA and ME right now. LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 11:35 am
On March 27, 2011 at 6:18 PM Pacific Time, vitalady wrote:
absolutely

BUT and this is big. I've never found an rv park near it.

my friend has 3 acres, but it's a tight fit to get in. She can stick us in a corner, but the getting there.... and we suck all the electric out of her house! LOL

i love staying there (Roselle), her yard is like a park, she has cats, door is open, wander in, help myself. When I stay with friends and can use real washers and dryers vs my mini ones, I wash the big things, like bedspreads and all.

So, see if you can make an RV park appear and that will help me.

I'm at the line of MA and ME right now. LOL
Have you tried Cherry Hill RV Park?  It might be too pricey, but they are very nice folks there.

http://www.cherryhillpark.com/index.cfm

Hugs,
Ratkity
vitalady
on 3/27/11 11:43 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
DC area?

yes, it IS spendy. we have clubs to cut the price, but there are so many restrictions to get the price down that I just skipped it.

Restrictions: no stays on days that end with "day"; on days when it rains or the sun is out; no pets except on days that end in X........ you get the drift.

I don't want to work that hard. When I tried to book there in 2008, I talked to them on the phone, since it was closest to our destination. Wow, they treated me like po' white trash from the "other" Washington.

Kinda put me off it, KWIM?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 12:28 pm, edited 3/27/11 12:30 pm
Yeah, I hear ya.  There are some majorly expensive rigs out there!!  I have talked to the younger people that work there and they are always nice to me.  I go there to get a few RV supplies from their little store since I live up the road.  I think they are too used to the crowd that thinks "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it". It's too bad.

Now, if you want a National Park, there's Greenbelt National Park, but I don't think there's electricity or water hookups. http://www.nps.gov/gree/planyourvisit/campgroundreservations .htm - normally they have hours where generators are allowed to run.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in Fairfax!!

Hugs,
Ratkity

PS I think your tour is going East bound!! LOL

vitalady
on 3/27/11 1:19 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
OK, yeah, continuing from Millersville MD

I know, more east before we turn west. LOL

I wanted to touch some 1700's history, just a bit. I mean, nobody found here until Lewis and Clark bumped up against the Pacific in 1805, right?

So, leaving there 7/6
Clarksboro NJ that eve.
7/7 Clinton CT
7/8 Salisbury MA
7/9-11 Augusta, ME (7/9 is our anniversary, so I try to allot some time
7/11-13 Sturbridge MA
7/13 Schenectady NY via Albany (Don's family)
7/14 Rochester NY
7/15 Erie PA

We were asked to all major cities and we can do that if we know NOW. But we only have one POC (Cin), so then we take the shortest route. So, if we are stopping between, scream now. We will pick up from here Tuesday

Several ppl asked us about cities in OH and IN, but we need POC or we go straight to Chicago, as best as I can tell. We route via the POC.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 92 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 647 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views