Now the Waiting Game............. (Cross Post)

Sexyvt123
on 6/23/11 11:57 pm
I just called my insurance (BCBS of IL) and they finally received my paper work for my revision.  YAY!!!!  Now the worst part begins......(Waiting).  I'm hoping to hear something back by next week the latest.(Praying).  I would like to have this surgery done early July if possible.  I must say everything went smooth this time with the coordinator (Gina) at Lennox Hill.  At first she was having problems faxing my paper work because my insurance gave her the wrong number.  She emailed me for my help and like super woman I was there to the rescue.  Because of all the crap I went through with my previous coordinator at NYU I'm more prepared this time around.  I actually had the fax number on my speed dial and was able to give it to her instantly.  Through this entire journey I've learned that sometimes you just have to be proactive in making things happen yourself.  You can depend on people all the time to do the right thing.  I will be calling my insurance mid next week for an update.  Please pray for me and keep your fingers cross. 

Thanks

honeybadger 11
on 6/24/11 12:07 am - FL

YAY! oh i hope you get word VERY soon! Nothing is worse than waiting!

Im so worried that my issues with my band wont be enough:( And My DS dr seems to have more "packets" than anybody i know! My THIRD one will be here next week! GEEZ!

Im so HAPPY for you...and a little green with jealously that yours is already submitted! HAHA

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Sexyvt123
on 6/24/11 12:16 am
Awww Thanks Jennifer.  Where are you now in your journey?  When you say "packets" what does that mean?  I would figure things would be a little easier because your getting a revision and not a virgin surgery. 

honeybadger 11
on 6/24/11 12:25 am - FL
Ive been accepted as a pt but Dr. Smith is a Center for Excellence so the process is LONG! I did a revision packet, then a pt packet now im waiting on the pre op packet so i can get my cardiac/pulmonary clearance, NUT and psych done and then there is a whole learning "program" of packets i have to do! Geez oh pete, good thing im a nurse and used to ALL this paperwork:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Nannette
on 6/24/11 12:14 am - Toms River, NJ
I've been following  your revision journey cause I'm in exactly the same boat -- have seen Dr Roslin -- been accepted as patient for him -- scheduled for nutritiionist and psych for next week.  However, if I decide to move forward, I will have to be self-pay -- I'm worth it!  At this point, the only hesitation I have is that if there are any complications as a self-pay, they also wouldn't be covered under my insurance and it could financially ruin me!

Any thoughts from anyone?

Keep me posted as to your jorney....
Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Sexyvt123
on 6/24/11 12:20 am
Hi Nannette

Im telling you everything is going so fast and with no issues with Dr Roslin.  I think that what your doing is amazing and if my insurance refused to pay for it I would do the same EXACT thing.  If you dont mind me asking but why are you not trying your insurance to cover it?

Nannette
on 6/24/11 2:57 am - Toms River, NJ
ALL bariatric surgery is excluded from my current insurance (different from when I had my RNY 8 yrs ago) -- also excluded is any complications from past or current bariatric surgeries.

My only fear with self-pay is that any complications would also NOT be covered, which could financially wipe me out!!!!!

80% decided......

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Nannette
on 6/27/11 2:56 am - Toms River, NJ
Look for me Thursday in Dr Roslin's office - let's try to hook up -- my first appt is with the Psch at 3:15pm - I'll try and get there a bit earlier.....

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Sexyvt123
on 6/28/11 11:37 pm
Hey Nannette

I actually wont be at the office that day but we will have to try and hook up soon.  I plan on going to the next group meeting.  Maybe we can meet then. 

ambermay
on 6/24/11 12:57 am
I am waiting for my approval also.  I hope we get approvals soon!!!  Good luck!

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 361 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views