Fast Food.....

Mannyb23
on 6/26/11 11:18 am - Fort Worth, TX
To eat or not to eat? That is the question?

Do you eat fast food? if so than what?

I know french fries and hamburger buns are a big NO-NO because of carbs, but what about a bunless burgers, chicken, and chicken nuggets. Are these no-no as well?

And should I stay away from all fruit juices?
Katie K.
on 6/26/11 11:21 am - Grand Haven, MI
KFC - Double Down
Taco bell - hard corn shell taco supreme or any buritto no rice, eat the insides with a fork..

That is what I have experienced so far...
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Elizabeth N.
on 6/26/11 11:25 am, edited 6/26/11 11:25 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, avoid fruit juices unless you want to fart yourself to death. Burgers and chicken will eventually work, nuggets and tenders with breading might or might not work.

I eat a variety of fast food choices, but my go to favorites are regular Taco Bell tacos and chicken tenders (not nuggets) from any of various places.

ETA: But NOT EARLY OUT!!!! You need to focus first on hydration, then on good quality protein. Don't go waltzing off to fast food places just because you think you can. That's NOT the attitude to have.

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 12:04 pm
EN, they started me on fruit juices when I started my liquids. I don't seem to have any bad side effects from them. Should I be worried? Is my body saving the effects for later?

Thank you (:
Elizabeth N.
on 6/26/11 1:42 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Uh, well, if you have runs or farts that are bothering you, the juices would be the first thing to eliminate. I know my surgeon warned me from day one to beware and he was right!

newyorkbitch
on 6/26/11 2:41 pm
Fruit juices are a good way to stall weight loss.  Highly absorbable carbs.  Don't drink them.
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 2:51 pm
*sigh* I KNEW this pre-op. How is it that it left my brain post-op?

Thank you EN and NewYork***** No more fruit juices. I wasn't drinking much of them anyway but it was still too much.
linda1814
on 6/27/11 7:43 am
If you can tolerate something else well then avoid the fruit juice.  I used to dilute mine in a 4 to 1 - water to juice ratio because early out, I hated everything and I wasn't staying properly hydrated.  There are some good sugar free cranberry juice drinks that are 5 calories for a cup.  I still dilute it though since even at two years out, it just tastes too strong.  

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

beemerbeeper
on 6/26/11 11:52 am - AL
Look up the carb content of the fast food you are interested in.  All the fast food restaurants have nutrition info for every item they sell, including carbs and protein counts.

I eat:  Bunless burgers and chicken.
KFC double down
Limited chicken nuggets or tenders/selects.  Make sure to count the carbs in any dips/sauces you use.  Mayo is always a good choice.

Note:  Some chicken breading gives me terrible gas...others don't.  Hardees I can't do.  McDonalds I can. YMMV.

Look at your fruit juice bottle and see how many carbs you would be drinking.  8 oz of apple juice has 29 carbs and no protein.  29 carbs is almost all the carbs I will have in a day if I am trying to lose weight.  You absorb ALL those carbs.  Just as well to eat a candy bar.

Do you have a limit to the number of carbs you want to stay at?

~Becky

MsBatt
on 6/26/11 12:15 pm
I do eat fast food. In truth, I do eat pretty much anything that I like---but I'm a born carnivore, so 'protein first' just comes naturally to me. I'm also over seven years post-op.

You will simply have to learn what YOUR body will tolerate. Carbs especially---they can cause some real intestinal distress. For ME, potatoes give me no trouble at all, but pasta can mean Fart City.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 273 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 747 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views