Funky taste/body odor?

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 11:25 pm - NC
I've noticed a funky taste in my mouth at times, especially when I first wake up.  I've also noticed a change in body odor.  I've heard a little about people's odor smelling worse while burning fat quickly.  Any thoughts or feedback from you guys?
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 11:43 pm
I think I read somewhere on here about this issue having to do with a heightened sense of smell and not so much as an actual odor change, other than ketosis. I did experience a funky taste immediately pre op but it was gone after a few weeks; never had an odor issue.
Lisa A.
on 6/26/11 11:47 pm - Windsor, NY
I definately had a heightened sense of smell after surgery. I was so in tune to smells. Even the fabric softener on my husbands shirt made me cringe. It does go away.

AllieInOntario
on 6/27/11 12:00 am
I"m a week out... and oh yeah... big change in my sense of smell and taste.  My husband is laughing cuz I walk around saying: My skin stinks blah blah.  

Everything smells a little more vivid... and from what's been said here... it goes away with time.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

P. Poster
on 6/27/11 12:07 am
 Yup, ketosis.  Embrace it, it's a fabulous thing!  You are burning FAT baby!!!  Oh, and it's totally normal, and will go away.  Your sense of smell is also heightened right now, so you are more sensitive to slight variations than others.  Don't worry, unless someone is all up in your business, they can't smell you :)  And, to be honest, it's not really an offensive smell per say, just different.  I remember telling myself it was the smell of success :)
lovemypugs
on 6/27/11 1:14 am - VA
I love your new pic! You look awesome!

Duodenal Switch on February 21, 2011

Surgery weight: 276; Current weight: 122; Height: 5'5

Plastics scheduled for 10/3/14: BL/BA, LBL, TL

P. Poster
on 6/27/11 2:49 am
 Thanks sweetie!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 1:03 am - NC
My sense of smell was already super-sensitive, so it must be off the charts now! hah  But the body smell is def stronger now!  I like the motto of smelling success! I'll use it ;)  Thanks for the feedback, guys!  I've been walking a lot at the gym, and I'm hoping that will help release a lot of the funky stuff going on, and help it on its way faster! 
Christine X.
on 6/27/11 1:57 am - TX

I agree with everybody who posted and I wanted to add something too. Hormones are stored in your fat as well as toxins so the release into your body of these things can also be released out through your sweat. If you have been working out, I'm sure those stored up preseratives from 1996 are being evicted through the sweat.

Good luck.

Christine  "Life is like a jar of jalapenos.  What you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow".
Check out www.dsfacts.com for information on Duodenal Switch

elixir
on 6/27/11 4:50 am - MI
 I think I smell like chicken soup, but no one else seems to notice it. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 283 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 756 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views