serving size

SEXYBBW86
on 6/24/11 6:09 pm
ok i had a question i know i can have 2 oz of meat and how many cups can i have of like fruit or veggies 1/4 or 1/2 can someone let me no thank you
beemerbeeper
on 6/24/11 6:44 pm, edited 6/24/11 6:45 pm - AL
I don't know what you are talking about.  Your surgeon may have some kind of pre-op diet and post-op diet that you will have to follow.  Who is your surgeon.

But after that you eat HIGH protein, MODERATE fat and LOW carb.  The small portion rule sounds like a RnY rule.  You won't be able to eat much so you eat your protein first. 

Edited to add:  If you had surgery in March you should now be eating AT LEAST 90 - 100 grams of protein a day.  An ounce of meat has 7 grams.  An ounce of cheese has 7 grams.  An egg has 7 grams.
So you can see you have to eat a lot of meat/cheese/eggs to get up to 100.  That is why a lot of us drink several high protein/low carb protein drinks every day.

How much protein are you getting each and every day?  When will you get your three month labs?  When you get them let us know so we can advise you on your vitamins.  What vitamins are you taking?

~Becky

airbender
on 6/24/11 9:18 pm
are you sure you had the DS?  or did you have RNY?  didnt know that your surgeon was performing the DS?  He is big into the VSG, but to my knowledge he doesn't do the DS, there is only one vetted DS surgeon in Mexico.   If you are asking questions about eating less protein over fruit it sounds like RNY as pouch pts. typically have issues with dense proteins........DSers primarily focus on good quality proteins first, if they have room they add low carb veges and fruits can come later depending on your weight loss, volume you have left after your protein/fats etc , but they aren't consumed at a higher volume than protein.....
goodkel
on 6/25/11 2:44 am
You can have carbs AFTER you have had at least 90 grams of protein that day. There is NO restriction on the amount of protein you can eat. No more worrying about serving size. Eat until you are full. When you are hungry again, even if it's only been a couple of hours, eat more protein.

Lose the diet mentality. A serving size is as much as you can comfortably eat.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/11 3:02 am - San Jose, CA
On June 25, 2011 at 1:09 AM Pacific Time, SEXYBBW86 wrote:
ok i had a question i know i can have 2 oz of meat and how many cups can i have of like fruit or veggies 1/4 or 1/2 can someone let me no thank you
This doesn't even make sense.

You "can have 2 oz of meat" - ???  2 oz of meat is about what, 14 grams?  That is in NO WAY sufficient for someone 3 months out - you need to be getting 90 g of protein/day by now.  Your meals should have at LEAST 25 g of protein EACH, plus more in your snacks.

CUPS of fruit or veggies??  Are you kidding??  IF you get your protein in at a meal, THEN you consider eating 1/4 to 1/2 cup of low carb veggies, and maybe some potato or other starch if you have room after that and can tolerate it.  You can have some fruit - again, measured in 1/4-1/2 cup, keeping in mind how much SUGAR is in them.  And certainly not at every meal.

Your knowledge of how to eat for a DSer appears to be SORELY lacking - you need to start reading the posts here as if your life depended on it - because it does.
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/11 6:16 am - Bayonne, NJ
Hon, I don't think you had a DS. Your profile mentions a pouch and gastric bypass, neither of which apply to the DS. Ask on the RNY board for food help. I'm sorry you don't have more of a support system to help you through this.
amccu18007
on 6/25/11 6:33 am - Newark, DE
YOu really need to get some help. Please reread all of your old posts to answer this question question. I am not trying to be snarky but you are in a whole heap of trouble and need to figure out your surgery type asap.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

AllieInOntario
on 6/25/11 8:56 am
That seems to be my first question too... Are you in the right group???

Do yourself a favor and make a call, or get someone to help you request through email TO your doctor for a copy of what exactly was done to you.  It sounds like you've had an RnY or were given generic instructions for wls, which really isn't best targetted towards DS'ers.  

I got a copy of the Cornell instructions and they still say "low fat" on them... while we know that's not the case for most/all DSers.

Get clarification BBW... your health depends on it.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Janine P.
on 6/25/11 1:31 pm - Long Island, NY
Assuming you *are* on the right board and you *did* have the DS:

You do not have to portion yourself for anything except the dreaded carb group.

Meat's = Protein.  Eat as much and as often as possible.
Veggies - when you're done with your protein, go for veggies
Fruits - Yes they're natural but they have sugar so try to limit those in the beginning.

Just to give you an idea of how much DS'ers can eat, here is my calorie, fat, protein & carb count for the day:

Calories: 2738, Carbs: 82, Fat: 192, Protein: 178

After doing the math, I'll only absorb a little of 1000 calories of that. 

Keep the protein high, the fat moderate-high and the carbs on the low side.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

SEXYBBW86
on 6/25/11 2:16 pm
thank you for answering my quetion every1 on here just put people down and make them feel bad so thank you
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 137 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 679 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views