Have you used this Surgeon for a Revision?

native2u
on 6/27/11 3:55 am - Merritt Island, FL
I found this Surgeon on DSFacts.com and I'm curious if anyone has ever used this particular Surgeon for a "revision" from RNY to DS?

If you have, please tell me if you like him or not.

Dennis C. Smith, Jr., MD, FACS

WellStar Comprehensive Bariatric Services
780 Canton Road, Suite 320
Marietta, GA 30060

beemerbeeper
on 6/27/11 4:08 am - AL
He does not do RnY to DS revisions.

~Becky

native2u
on 6/27/11 4:17 am - Merritt Island, FL
On June 27, 2011 at 11:08 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
He does not do RnY to DS revisions.

~Becky
Thank you!! I did call his office this morning and I asked the girl that answered and she said that they do revise RNY to DS. Maybe she doesn't know what she's talking about. Anyway, I'm waiting on the nurse to return my call.
beemerbeeper
on 6/27/11 6:47 am - AL
I've never heard of a single person who had a RnY to DS with him.  If he is starting to do them that is really good as we need more surgeons who can do this complicated procedure.

I do know he does band to DS revsisions.

I would ask how many RnY to DS revisions he's done.

~Becky

native2u
on 6/27/11 8:57 am - Merritt Island, FL
On June 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
I've never heard of a single person who had a RnY to DS with him.  If he is starting to do them that is really good as we need more surgeons who can do this complicated procedure.

I do know he does band to DS revsisions.

I would ask how many RnY to DS revisions he's done.

~Becky
Becky-

If he does do revision from RNY to DS, then.....Yes, you are dead on with your question of "how many RNY to DS has he done".

The nurse didn't call me back today, so that kinda speaks for that office (IMO).

beemerbeeper
on 6/27/11 11:26 am - AL
He is a really, really good surgeon so don't let the lack of return of one phone call bother you.   

~Becky

Elizabeth N.
on 6/27/11 9:52 am - Burlington County, NJ
The girl on the phone didn't have a clue. He does NOT do revisions. I have my doubts about whether he even does lap band to DS revisions. Definitely no RNY to DS revisions. He has a bit of a reputation for "cherry picking" his patients for lowest risk, too, and for scaring people who are less than what he considers an optimal surgical candidate. I've had to talk a number of folks through panic attacks on here after they saw him and he said they were too sick for surgery, and I can only remember one at the moment *****ally WAS horrifically sick.

This issue is near and dear to my heart because I was a high risk patient and got turned down by a similarly, um, "cautious" surgeon.

native2u
on 6/27/11 10:12 am - Merritt Island, FL
On June 27, 2011 at 4:52 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
The girl on the phone didn't have a clue. He does NOT do revisions. I have my doubts about whether he even does lap band to DS revisions. Definitely no RNY to DS revisions. He has a bit of a reputation for "cherry picking" his patients for lowest risk, too, and for scaring people who are less than what he considers an optimal surgical candidate. I've had to talk a number of folks through panic attacks on here after they saw him and he said they were too sick for surgery, and I can only remember one at the moment *****ally WAS horrifically sick.

This issue is near and dear to my heart because I was a high risk patient and got turned down by a similarly, um, "cautious" surgeon.
Elizabeth-

I'm with you on believing that the girl on the phone had no clue. However, she did get me to the surgeon's nurse, in which I left a VERY lengthy message about myself and what I was calling for, etc. BUT.....I've not heard one word today.....so, I'm thinking "fail". (At this point even "if" he did do revision's from RNY to DS, I wouldn't use him)

Elizabeth N.
on 6/28/11 1:33 am - Burlington County, NJ
I can't STAND it when doc offices don't return messages and have fired a doc or two over that issue. My PCP solves that problem (it's an incredibly high volume practice and he's not in control of hiring; he's an employee too) by giving out his email addy or cell phone number when asked.

native2u
on 6/28/11 1:39 am - Merritt Island, FL
On June 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
I can't STAND it when doc offices don't return messages and have fired a doc or two over that issue. My PCP solves that problem (it's an incredibly high volume practice and he's not in control of hiring; he's an employee too) by giving out his email addy or cell phone number when asked.
Wow Elizabeth, I really wish all doctors were like that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views