Dr. Greenbaum Pre-Surgery FUN! and a HUGE thank you to the forum!

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 9:58 am - Beverly, NJ

Had my Pre-surgery class today.  What I thought was a class last week was just an appointment.  I had a BLAST!  I met with Tina Marie (not Tina from the office) and thanks to everyone here I knew almost everything they were telling me.  I got to see all the tubes, drains and novacain pump that I would have coming out of the surgery plus Tina Marie liked my info from the nutritionist so much that she copied it for herself.  They were so impressed with my knowledge.  I only have this forum to thank!  They were super impressed that I knew to ask for my surgery notes and chart.  They are also going to schedule an appointment with my PCP to go over the surgery since she is anxious to learn more about it.  I left there feeling really good and accomplished.  

We also had a pre-surgery relaxation class which was awesome and I was sent home wiht a book and relaxation CD.  

These two weeks can't go by faster.  

I'm also on day 3 of the liquid diet which so far isn't as bad as I thought it would be thanks to some Torani and DaVinici syrups.  

AuntieSocial
on 6/27/11 10:31 am
 That's awesome! I'm excited for you! Keep us updated! :) 
Northcountrygirl
on 6/27/11 11:15 am

I can't wait to be in your shoes, liquid diet and all.  Good luck and keep us updated on your journey.  Melissa

maryc543
on 6/27/11 11:52 am
Good for you to be so prepared!!!!!    Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 11:59 am - Bayonne, NJ
Awesome! I missed out on most of the pre-surgical fun since I was a last-minute fill-in (looong story) but Dr. Greenbaum & company are great.  Best of luck with the liquid diet.
scoob
on 6/27/11 12:31 pm - Somerset, KY
YAY, you're almost there!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 12:49 pm - Beverly, NJ
Thanks everybody! :)
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 7:40 pm
Sounds like a good time. I'm happy you had a positive experience, the two weeks will fly by for you. Good luck!
sammy13642
on 6/27/11 11:14 pm - Gouverneur, NY
You will be on the bench before you know it. And then it just keeps getting better. Next year at this time you will look back and say " Why didn't I do this sooner."

John

Pain is temporary, the journey is for Life!!!       
Jersey Girl
on 6/28/11 4:00 am
How exciting!!!!  I missed out on the pre-surgery fun because I came from out of state.  I first met Tina Marie in the hospital and she was wonderful!  She gave me her office and cell numbers and returned my calls when I needed her. 

It'll be here before you know it!!!!
A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 277 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 751 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views