Need advice and insight before appointments!

determineddanni
on 6/30/11 5:23 am

Hi everyone

So I am going to 5 appointments on July 14th! I am 43 BMI and so far no co-morbilities, due to my healthy eating and working out. (just no success) I should get tested just to make sure.

Endocrynologist
- get a whole lot of labs done, see where I am sitting.
- make sure my thyroid is level and taken care of

Dietician
- will be informing her to start doing very detailed 3 months of records for insurance

Primary Care Provider
- will ask to get to get me a sleep study test to find out if i have sleep apnea
- also finding out my blood surgar level because i think i am borderline diabetic
- will be infoming doctor to keep detailed records on weight for 3 months while under dietician supervision
- Check blood pressure and cholest.

Psychological test
- to make sure i am mentaly sound for surgery

Seminar on Bariatric Surgery

I was talking to the patient advocate and she said to make sure to get testing for anything  because it will help me get approved. My insurance says though that I don't need co-morbilities if I am over 40 BMI. So I understand just making a solid case but is there anything I am missing for testing. Or maybe some advice as to what make sure to cover when I have these appointments.

Julie R.
on 6/30/11 8:53 pm - Ludington, MI
 I went to the seminar first, and then my surgical practice told me what appointments I needed to make and what tests to have, so I did things in a different order.    Does your surgeon generally have you make your own appointments, or are you doing these things on your own prior to the seminar?    It sounds like you are on a great path, but you might want to see what your surgeon requires of you, so that you don't end up either seeing you doctors you don't need to see at this time, or still needing more tests done (like an EGD) that you'll have to go back to the doctor for.    Good luck!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

scoob
on 7/1/11 9:21 pm - Somerset, KY
What Julie said! I had had all these things already done before I switched surgeons. I took her all my records. She still ordered most of those test plus others by her team. Even the psych eval had to be done by her doctor. I would most def start the 3 month supervised diet, but *I* would wait till after the seminar for the rest. That is just my opinion. Good luck dear!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 266 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 741 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views