Sudden BMs (sorry)

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 12:11 am
I'm sorry to ask this, but I'm a newbie out.
I had an "episode" of BMs in a public place which left my underwear in a bathroom trashbin. It was horrible, and I'm not eating much of anything except for tunafish and my protein shakes.
Can anyone help me to figure out what is going wrong here? My only solution now is to not leave home, which is not feasable. I HAVE to go to work, but this kind of stuff is not okay there, nor is it okay anywhere.
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 12:15 am - Lancaster, OH
Was it a little gas that you thought you could let sneak out?  'Cause, the rule for new DSers is: "NEVER trust a fart".  That will change, but early out, don't trust farts.

If there was not (what your thought was) gas involved, I'm awfully sorry.  Hope someone else here has something to offer.
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 12:23 am
No, not gas. I know not to trust things.
I'm talking about something quite uncontrollable. It was awful; I hope never to be repeated.
DarcyMad
on 6/30/11 12:25 am - Cedar Park, TX
Eloisie,

I had that happen a few times too!  If you are really worried, get a nighttime maxi and wear it.

In my case, I ate too many carbs and it was pretty early out.  I think you'll find that it will go away in time and as your body adjusts.  It doesn't happen anymore.

Make sure you carry some maxi's in your purse for the first few months.  As the vets say....this, too, shall pass!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

mel1964
on 6/30/11 12:51 am
if you are a newbie, remember your body has to get used to your new rearrangement, this happened to me early out because i did not listen to signs (oh i can make it!), plus your are eating a lot of soft food and liquids (liquid in, liquid out) my rule is if i have to go i stop everything and go! this usually happens from too much carbs, oil or waiting to long to go to the bathroom, also all the old stuff that may have been in your colon is coming out too! i try to get up a little earlier in the morning and i try not to leave until i am done. also when i got heavy into the vitamin routine it never happened again (a lot of calcium took care of that), i still have incidents when i overdo the carbs(i have a carb limit!)  but i had to train myself to listen to my body and take time to go to the bathroom. hopefully  its not anything more than that, you may have to see your doctor, hope this helps!

linda1814
on 6/30/11 12:53 am
Question - how far out post-op are you?  Are you far enough out that you've begun taking your supplements yet?  Are you supplementing with Calcium yet?  For me personally, if I don't get all of my calcium in - I could potentially have an issue like that so I never EVER miss a calcium dose.

A few more questions, does this happen every day?  If so, are your protein shakes made with whey protein isolate?  If it doesn't say isolate, there could be more lactose than your belly can handle.  What are you mixing your shakes with? 

Last, are you eating any sugar free mints or gum?  Those are typically made with sugar alcohols.  These caused big issues for me early out until I got smart and figured that out.  My belly is very sensitive to sugar alcohols.

Good luck .... this won't last ... I promise

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

amccu18007
on 6/30/11 12:55 am - Newark, DE
Was it oily? I had that for a bit early out as my body was adjusting itself. I cut down a little bit on fat and and it helped. Now, I can eat as much fat as I need and it is no problem. I am sorry that you had a bad episode
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Janine P.
on 6/30/11 2:18 am - Long Island, NY
Too funny because I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday, but it wasn't poo, it was oil.

Was yours poo or oil? 

What are you making your protein shakes with? Milk? Half & Half? Heavy Cream?

It could just be your body adjusting, could be too much fat (not sure because tuna and protein shakes doesn't seem high fat), or could be a fluke thing.

If you're scared it'll happen again, maxi pad your rear end.  It is not permanent.  Just a phase.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 3:11 am
6 weeks.
It was ugly, and no, not an oil issue. Horrible, horrible mess. I haven't left the house since for fear of something happening again. I can't even talk about part of it. Too ugly.
Perhaps it was crackers with the tuna? But the suddenness took me aback. One second I felt okay, and in the next, well, I was crapping  my own pants in a public place.
Elizabeth N.
on 6/30/11 4:00 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh dear ***hugs****. That is a miserable experience. It happened to me once too after some new food, don't remember what though. It was somewhat further out than that. Thankfully it only killed my underwear, wasn't a big one, but oh my the STENCH and the longest walk to a public restroom of my life. UGH.

You are early enough out that this could indeed be a belly complaint about new food. It could also be a generic belly complaint. Hard to tell.

I would suggest going back to a significantly early stage of your diet. Not necessarily all the way back to the beginning, but to a point where you KNOW (as much as anyone CAN know that early) the foods are safe. Stick with those for a couple days and see how you poo. Then you should be able to venture out safely again.

There's the possibility that you had a touch of a bug, too. There are lots of possibilities. But this will NOT be the new normal for you, I promise. If there's a repeat experience (perish the thought), it might be worthwhile to talk to the doc about it.

A few people get MEGA sensitive. It can happen. But it's truly very, very rare. Don't panic yet. It's going to be okay. The odds are very much on your side. Who did your surgery again?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 111 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 658 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views