Kelvin Higa

dana D.
on 6/29/11 1:49 pm - Seaside, CA
I had the ds 4 yr ago with Dr Keshishian.  My friend is doing her research.  She is willing to go to a consult with Dr Keshishian but her insurance is sending her to see Dr Higa in Fresno. I see his profile that states he does the DS but non of the reviews say DS.  Ive been a lurker here for 4 yrs and dont recall ever hearing about him.  Hope its not a bait and switch.  Anybody use him for a DS?
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 2:47 pm
 I've never heard of him. And I've been on the boards here for over 4 years.
Sounds like a bait and don't switch to me.
larra
on 6/29/11 11:51 pm - bay area, CA
I've heard of him, but as an RNY surgeon. He has a good reputation, but in over 5 years on this forum, and living somewhat in the vicinity of Fresno, I've never heard of him doing a DS ever. What his profile states on OH is irrelevant, these are often inaccurate.
     I don't think this is a bait and no switch on his part, I think it's the insurer wanting to send her to their usual and cheapest alternative.

Larra
KRWaters
on 7/3/11 5:14 am - Manteca, CA
I know a woman, acually 2 women, who have had Dr. Higa use him,but he is definitely RNY only! He is good, but for RnY.. Hope your friend gets a chance to go see Dr. K.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views