Anyone Juice their veggies?

Zee Starrlite
on 7/1/11 4:28 am

Do you see any issues with juicing veggies?  Does it sit in our stomachs ok if it is fiberous?

Thanks

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

newyorkbitch
on 7/1/11 4:39 am
Why do you want to juice them rather than eat them?
Zee Starrlite
on 7/1/11 4:48 am
I'd love to eat them but I am fairly early post-op.  I'm basically eating all dairy right now.  I love dairy but I thing my body would be happy if I incorporated some green stuff.  Things are not flowing  as they should - well they never have but now I am "stuck".  Besides, I love veggies.

You're experienced.  I got sleeved on the 6th.  Do you think I would be okay to juice some spiniach, wheat grass, celery and maybe an apple to balance the taste?

Thanks!

beemerbeeper
on 7/1/11 4:57 am - AL
I thought the point of the sleeve alone surgery was to restrict what you can eat.  Liquifying your food seems to be going around that process to some extent doesn't it?

~Becky

beemerbeeper
on 7/1/11 5:00 am - AL
Isn't the way the sleeve alone surgery is supposed to work is by severely restricting your intake of calories?  Doesn't it seem like liquifying your food is going around that process?  Or are you at a liquid only phase of your diet progression?  If that is the case then I would think you can liqufy whatever you want to unless your surgeon has told you otherwise. 

For questions about post-op diet progressions you should ask your surgeon.

~Becky

Zee Starrlite
on 7/1/11 5:06 am

"severely restricting your intake of calories"  that sounds severe!  I meant to post on the sleeve board not get into any disputes about surgeries.  I've got my fair share of things going on in my life so thanks but no thanks.  I am so needing peace right now.

Not trying to go around any process.  I am still on pureeds as per my docs plan.  I have no issues at all with eating less.

Sorry Becky.  Have a great 4th!

beemerbeeper
on 7/1/11 5:44 am - AL
I would think then that you can puree whatever you want unless the doc told you otherwise.  I say go for it.  Getting through the puree phase is hard enough.  If something sounds good then I would try it, especially something healthy like veggies.  Right?

No problem with posting on the "wrong" forum for me.

~Becky

newyorkbitch
on 7/1/11 5:05 am
I think wheat grass and spinach and celery and cucumber juice would be okay.  A little bit of apple or carrot for taste but that's it.  This is very few carb calories and you need to be drinking fluids.  But you MUST make sure you are not drinking at the expense of your capacity for protein.  Protein first, always.

Why aren't you eating other protein besides dairy?  What about soft meats,  chicken, fish, tofu?
Zee Starrlite
on 7/1/11 5:15 am
I feel so lucky to drink freely and I've been taking advantage of that since day 2 or 3.  Lots of water and other SF drinks.  I am doing protein drinks and tuna so far.  I could advance my diet a bit more but to be honest  I don't feel for it just yet.  I have no appetite to speak of  - I understand that can change.  I just want to take care of my body so, I am attempting to do all that I can right.  Yes protein always first!

I am going to try some chicken, fish, and eggs soon and maybe even some turkey.

Thanks

Catnip
on 7/1/11 5:09 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I think the juice would be ok. My surgeon said we could have V8 early out,  but be careful about the carbs,  i would try just a little bit and then wait and see how your gut reacts.

enjoy

CNC

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views