books or movies ideas

Monique A.
on 7/2/11 2:00 am, edited 7/2/11 2:02 am - NY
July 18 Iintended to have a book list and movie list prepared for my recuperation stay. I wanted to see the twilight series adn catch up on grey's anatomy.

Any book or Movie suggestions I have seen a flick in a minute or read a book cover to cover in ages.

I like adventure mystery suspense comedy action. an occasional documentery film.
dustydeer
on 7/2/11 2:56 am
If you like the Twilight series then you might be ready to graduate to the next levels of Paranormal fictions such as The Southern Vampire Mysteries aka The Sookie Stackhouse Novels.
(that's what TrueBlood on HBO is loosely based upon)
Also, my favorite series is by J. R. Ward, The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Those are just the wiki links.

As for documentaries, I jus****ched one called "I like killing flies" and it was the strangest, coolest little docu on a man who runs a restaurant in NYC and his life's philosphy.

Happy reading!

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

teachmid
on 7/2/11 3:44 am - OKC, OK
A couple of years ago I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery. I read one of the J A Jance series first to last and loved them. I'm a book-a-holic!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

NoreenRT
on 7/2/11 4:05 am - Warner Robins, GA
i just read through the numbered series (one for the money, two for the dough) with silly bounty hunter character stephanie plum written by janet evanovich.
it's quick reading.  mindless fun. the cast of characters is hilarious and the adventures even funnier.
shame i didn't keep the books, i would have sent them to you.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

teachmid
on 7/2/11 6:04 am - OKC, OK
I love the Stephanie Plum books......I laugh out loud.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

NoMore B.
on 7/2/11 4:10 am
My only suggestion is to pick something that is light, and not too difficult to get into or follow.  When I was recovering I was dozing on and off all day, I wouldnt have had the concentration ability to think too much. 
Sheanie
on 7/2/11 10:32 am
"Deception" with Goldie Hawn has a very Hitch****type twist to it.  We rented it years ago on tape, you might have trouble finding it now.  I just finished reading "Medusa Amulet", which was excellent, on Kindle.  My daughter recommends "The Help", says its the best book she's read.  I also recommend "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" with Steve Martin as Ruprecht the Monkey Boy.  Oh my, that's a funny one, but very cunning in the con job.

Happy recovery!

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

Elizabeth N.
on 7/2/11 10:46 am - Burlington County, NJ
The "Lonesome Dove" movies and anything where Sam Elliott is a cowboy :-).

I enjoyed a Daniel Craig movie recently where he played a Polish Jew in the WWII resistance movement, but can't think of the title. Also the recent Liam Neeson movie "Unknown."

When I was recovering from my hysterectomy some year ago, I watched the entire "Highlander" TV series :-). LOVE Adrian Paul.....

dana D.
on 7/3/11 12:58 am - Seaside, CA
i agree with joanne b something light.  I had books galore to read and ended up spending alot of time playing with a little hand held poker game my mom gave me.  But I also agree that the Janet Evanovich book are fabulous.  Also light reading is the Diane Mott Davidson books.  She is a caterer who always gets involved in some murder and ends up solving it. Sort of like the TV program Murder she wrote.  Plus her books include recipes
prettypixels
on 7/3/11 1:21 am
 Do you have netflix?  If so the possibilities are endless!

I loved the series Six Feet Under, if you have not seen it that would be worth a look.  Also Californication, with David Duchovny.  I thought it was going to suck, but it is actually hilarious.  True Blood, Dexter, oh and one called "Survivors," which is a British show about a plague killing everyone and how people survive afterward. I am currently loving the Game of Thrones series from HBO and the books, though they do require a little more concentration than something like the True Blood series.  

I think it would be worth getting Netflix just for your recovery, honestly, if you don't have it... with all the "watch instantly" stuff  (you can watch on your computer if you can't get it on your tv, we have it on tv through our wii), it should keep you busy!  
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views