Muscle pain=lack of protein?

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 7:31 am
I had someone in real life tell me that she "knows" that she needs more protein and can feel it in her muscles.

Do you think this is true?

My legs are sore like I've been working out a bit too much, but I haven't done anything athletic to make them this way.
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 8:46 am
 I would say that is probably true, if.... that person is chronically low on protein.

But just because someone does not eat all the protein required (by a normal person) everyday means they can feel it.

That I don't actually believe.
J G.
on 7/4/11 9:03 am
When my legs get sore or tired feeling I always up my potassium.  That said, in my DS life I actually crave protein and  seem to just "feel it"  when I haven't had enough.
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 11:07 am
Elizabeth N.
on 7/4/11 1:11 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Now hear this; STOP THROWING THINGS AT YOUR SYMPTOMS AND GO GET CHECKED OUT. You are self diagnosing and self treating and this is a Very Bad Thing. You are six weeks postop and you could have stuff going WRONG. Get your butt to the doc and don't put it off.

You can take too much potassium and make yourself sicker. So go find out what's really going on. Don't practice medicine without a license even on yourself.

Elizabeth N.
on 7/4/11 1:09 pm - Burlington County, NJ
With your recent poo issues, I'd be wondering about electrolytes like potassium and magnesium, and I would head to my PCP for some bloodwork to see how that stuff looks. It's easy enough to fix that kind of thing if you know what's not right.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 640 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 232 views