Pictures of Yourself Next to Others

NoMore B.
on 7/5/11 12:57 am, edited 6/9/12 1:54 am
delete
J G.
on 7/5/11 1:57 am
Joanne, if this helps any I always think of you as and itty-bitty thing.  Petite.

I know what you are talking about with the mind games.  I saw a headline on MSN about how everybody has some part of themselves they don't like.  (I should go back and find the article and read it.)   Mine is my abdomen.  It looks like a beach ball.  Like I'm preggers, even though I'm just about 10 lbs from goal.  And of course my batwings.  And then there's the drooping boobs and thighs.  Yikes!  I'd better stop thinking about this stuff!

-Jenny
Blank Out
on 7/5/11 2:09 am
 You look so amazing in that pic!  You are a cute tiny thing!  But, yes, this whole thing feels like a surreal dream.  Like it could be snatched away at any moment!  I just read happycatbert's post.  I love that 6 years later she is still living the dream!  I imagine the whole dysmorphia thing will always be with us.  Good for you for posting  this pic and seeing the real image!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 2:24 am - Yorktown, VA
You are a tiny thing!  Maybe you should keep this pic handy to remind you of that when you seem to forget!
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/11 2:25 am - Yorktown, VA
It just hit me......you're almost 50!  I would never have guessed in a million years!  You look much younger, to me!
Chad M.
on 7/5/11 3:13 am - Indianapolis, IN
You look great, and obviously nowhere near 50! I go through the same thing with comparisons. Sometimes I will look at someone and realize, "I weigh less than he does?", and yes, I "realize" it in question form just like that. I usually have to ask someone else for confirmation.
beemerbeeper
on 7/5/11 3:35 am - AL
We are at about the same distance out from our surgery and I experience the same thing.  I wanted to be "normal" and to "blend in" and I've found myself to be the skinny one in the group now.  I don't FEEL that way but when I see photos I know I am.

I need to buy a shirt for my flyball team and people were talking about getting theirs in the men's department.  I'm not positive but I don't think there is any way that I can wear a men's small since a lot of women's smalls are too big.

Things like that still shock me and photos shock me too.  I don't have a full length mirror but I need to get one.  I think it takes a lot of repititions of seeing ourselves either in photos or in a mirror for the dysmorphia to start to get better.

So I agree that putting a photo or two or three where we can look at them is probably a good idea.

~Becky

Naked_Lizard
on 7/5/11 3:52 am - West Haven, UT
You look AMAZING!!! WOW, and photo***** all you want, after reading your post I think I need to do the same. I feel fat, I agree with you, I "look" at myself and see fat, its the mind game, hard to talk to others about because they have never been there, even my DH tells me to get over it, but I dont think it effects him or did effect him they way it has me. Anyway, CONGRATS on "looking normal" and HOT!!
Toni
HW/298 ~ SW/285 ~ CW/161~ GW/140
OnederLand & Century Club - 11/29/2010

teachmid
on 7/5/11 4:32 am - OKC, OK
Great picture! You are definitely the smallest person there....petite comes to mind.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 7/5/11 4:40 am - Ludington, MI
 Yes, you are just an itty bitty thing.  Look at those gorgeous arms!
  I have the same problem.   I was always the biggest person in the photo....now....same as you.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 94 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 94 views