shake cake rocks! thx becky

NoreenRT
on 7/5/11 11:03 am - Warner Robins, GA
tonight i tried making my very first protein cake.  the results...........it was so yummy.  for my first attempt i went old school and made it exactly as becky (beemerbeeper) posted. 
it is so chocolaty.  light, yet dense enough to feel like you are really eating a cake dessert.  all i can say is --- yum yum straight to my tum tum.
tomorrow we experiment.  i see whipping cream, peanut butter, different flavored extracts and all kinds of possibilities.
thanks becky, you are awesome for posting the recipe. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

airbender
on 7/5/11 12:11 pm
I just tried this recently also, it is great, I do believe it is Kayla's recipe....
beemerbeeper
on 7/5/11 12:37 pm - AL
It's Kayla's recipe but I'm glad you like it.  I'm addicted to it but I am getting my protein in which I wasn't really before.

My favorite is to top it with LandOLakes SF whipped cream because it has 0 carbs.  So it is just like FREE desert to me.  It's the yummiest way I know to get 26 grams of protien and only 7 carbs. 

~Becky

Shavonne P.
on 7/5/11 10:47 pm
I have been seeing a lot of posts about this shake cake.  Does anyone have the link for the original post? Thanks in advance
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 12:29 am - Lancaster, OH
Hi, Shavonne,
Here's a link to a thread that gives instructions on how to search specifically in the DS forum for something (or any other forum, for that matter)
Happy researching!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4114788/Searching-the-F orum/
meredith_123
on 7/6/11 2:12 am - Waterford, MI
Here's a link to one of the previous posts that I have bookmarked. 

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4398870/Shake-cake/
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
had_enuf
on 7/6/11 5:17 am - East Bay, CA
 Kayla first mentioned the microwave protein cake in May of 2010, but this is what I think you want:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4391069/1st-posting-for-chocolate-microwave-protein-cake+Pics-high/

Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

Shavonne P.
on 7/6/11 5:31 am
Thank you everyone!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
had_enuf
on 7/6/11 6:06 am, edited 7/6/11 6:26 am - East Bay, CA
 You're welcome. Enjoy!

Found an even older thread on the subject. Has some other variations as well... (used the site search) Off to make one now.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4026751/35-second-choco late-cake-just-right-for-anyone/action,replies/topic_id,4026 751/page,1/

Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

elixir
on 7/6/11 1:19 pm - MI
I follow Becky's recipe, except I use Truvia instead of Splends. (It's what I have on hand.) I also added a couple tablespoons of that peanut butter powder to it to up the protein... and it's sooooo gooood. My daughter has been requesting that I make one and share it with her every night. LOL. (I can't eat the whole thing by myself. It's way too filling.)

I watched some body builder on YouTube earlier make a similar shake, but he also added an egg and a couple scoops of natural peanut butter. I might try his version tonight.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT3WA6HQ58Q

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 78 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 641 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views