Liquid Diet suggestions

rubytica
on 7/6/11 1:07 am - GA
Hello:

I had my DS a week ago (06/29/2011).  I have to do the liquid diet for 3 weeks and I wanted to know if someone has a recipe they want to share for variety.  I am having mostly water and protein shakes but it is getting really boring.

Thanks
Ruby
Hendramy
on 7/6/11 1:42 am
at a week out I had a scrambled egg and it was the best thing I ever tasted.  I had maybe half of it over the course of 2-3 hours and thought for sure I broke my DS.  (I since think I'm okay, just sayin.)  The liquids and purees are tough. 
Amy
HW 324/ SW 303/ CW 172/ GW130            
teachmid
on 7/6/11 1:49 am - OKC, OK
Early out I was ok for very thin oatmeal and Greek yogurt. Liquids: I loved warm chicken broth, decaf tea and tomato soup with cheddar melted in.

Congratulations on your surgery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

a_new_mii
on 7/6/11 3:17 am - AZ
Ruby,

Congrats on the beginning of a wonderful journey. 

i had lots of creamed soups ie... tomato, potato, chicken and broths were good too.  It seemed if it was warm it sat better in my new tummy, 
Hot tea was another good thing to help with getting in the fluids.

That was a tough two weeks for me.  Should have been three, but at my two week appt. Dr. J thought I was doing well enough to move on the soft "mushy" food. 

Good Luck,
~~Ginger~~

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

rubytica
on 7/6/11 8:40 am - GA
 I cannot have tomato based soups but I will try the warm liquids.  Thank you so much for the reply
DotNetLee
on 7/6/11 7:06 am, edited 7/6/11 7:06 am - TX
I'm a week out too and have the same issue.  I can't do cream of anything soups apparently.  One of the main ingredients of those is wheat flour, which I think gives me bad gas and other stuff.  I've had a hard time finding soups that aren't chunky, but did find a couple that are good after a few seconds in a blender.  Also just bought a dry soup mix for potato cheddar soup and made it and it was great!  Only problem is it makes like 8 cups which I probably won't be able to finish before it goes bad.  I'm lucky that Dr. Stewart let's his patients start mushy foods on postop day 8.

rubytica
on 7/6/11 8:39 am - GA
 I will try the dry soups thanks.  You can freeze the leftovers in ice trays and eat later.
butercup
on 7/6/11 7:28 am - Kennewick, WA
Can you do sugar free jello?
rubytica
on 7/6/11 8:37 am - GA
 Yes, I can have sugar free jello (not a fan) but I will try it.  Thanks
KarenFlorida
on 7/6/11 11:50 am - Orlando, FL
I have no good suggestions that were not already mentioned, but just wanted to send some sympathy! Hang in there....you'll be trying new things before you know it.
Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 56 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 628 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 228 views