What did you eat?

Mannyb23
on 7/7/11 12:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
The last few days befoure your surgery do you remember what you ate? Also Have you been able to eat any of those particular dishes since your surgery?
beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 1:01 pm - AL
My last supper was pizza.  I now eat Brok's pizza almost every single day and it is BETTER than the pizza I used to eat.

The only things I can't eat are because they give me gas.  If I don't mind the gas I can eat anything.

The things that give me gas:

wheat gluten (in wheat and white and whole grain flour)
lactose
sugar alcohols in large amounts (itols..sugar substitutes)

~Becky

meredith_123
on 7/7/11 1:05 pm - Waterford, MI

Hi Becky,

What is Brok's pizza?  I keep hearing about it, but have no idea what it is.

Thanks,
Mere

5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
meredith_123
on 7/8/11 8:33 am - Waterford, MI
Thank you Becky!!  I bookmarked it for after my surgery.  Looks really good. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
elixir
on 7/7/11 2:53 pm - MI
I had to do a two week pre-op diet so my last meal was pre-packaged and thoroughly unmemorable. My last meal before the diet however was enchiladas. We had a Mexican potluck at work  that night.

I could still eat enchilada filling, just not the flour shells. In fact, it's got me thinking about making an enchilada casserole by layering shredded chicken, refried beans, sauce and cheese in a baking dish. Sounds good to me. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

newyorkbitch
on 7/7/11 7:50 pm
I ate like there was no tomorrow.  Steak, potatoes,  cheesecake, lobster, martinis, oysters, etc etc.  Yes I eat all of those things now.
fradcliff
on 7/7/11 10:35 pm
DS on 01/25/11 with
 The last big meal I had before two week pre- surgery liquid diet was Red Lobster .... I did the Pick Three! Two stuffed flounder , coconut shrimp, side of Crab legs and shrimp linguine along with the salad, baked potato and cheesy biscuits..... and ate what my wife couldn't finish on her plate. Oh yeah I left there in pain and feeling miserable with the amount of food I just ate and it cost a fortune (Like over $40.00 just for mine). I remember telling my wife as we left I will never feel this way again....
 I have returned to Red Lobster since my surgery in Jan. I had the single portion Stuffed flounder with the veggies and cole slaw. I ate all the flounder and stuffing most of the veggies and some slaw. I left feeling great and it was a lot easier on the wallet ($9.00). I am very fortunate I have tried every food that I ate before surgery and have had no issues (other than the obvious carb/gas issue). Good luck on your journey the people on this board are great support and very knowledgeable. I don't usually reply but I read this board everyday and always learn something new.
amccu18007
on 7/7/11 10:42 pm - Newark, DE
I don't even remember! Honestly though, I eat more often now and much better quality food. I enjoy food now with no guilt so that is awesome. ALso, nothing is ever off limits so you can eat a little of everything once you get far enough out.

That being said, the DS isn't a free ride. I still watch my carbs and make sure that my protein is high enough but my approach to eating now is much different than pre-op. Good luck!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Julie R.
on 7/7/11 11:05 pm - Ludington, MI
 The couple of weeks preceding my two-week pre-op liquid diet, I ate anything and everything.    Since my DS, I still eat anything and everything (after about the first eight months) but sometimes now, in much smaller quantities, and some things do not taste good to me anymore, such as cake, milk chocolate and fast food.    About the only thing I absolutely cannot eat is cheap ice cream.    I can handle gluten much better now, but still have to keep it in small quantities, unless I want to gas my family out.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 651 views