Orange juice issues?!?

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 12:05 am - NC
Hey guys :)  I hope you all had wonderful weekends!  I was wondering if anyone had the same issue I do with OJ.  I love it, and can tolerate it, but it leaves a heavy feeling in my chest for a bit after I drink it, even more-so if I drink after eating.  Last night I waited about an hour after dinner to have some OJ, and still had that lump-like feeling in my chest.  Thoughts?
AllieInOntario
on 7/11/11 12:12 am
Heartburn?  I know one of the bile meds I was taking made me feel like there was a real tight golf ball in my chest.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

beemerbeeper
on 7/11/11 12:15 am - AL
Why do you want to drink your carbs?  One glass of OJ has nearly 30 carbs that are going to be absorbed at 100%.

That is more than half the carbs I eat in a day.

~Becky

teachmid
on 7/11/11 12:19 am - OKC, OK
Could you try the Crystal Light Orange Sunrise (I think that's the name)? It's now OJ but it might work as a sub. I avoid all juices! Not worth it.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

April Greer
on 7/11/11 12:19 am - Springfield, MO
Is the OJ cold?  I still have that problem if I drink something very cold.  I miss ice water so much.
April     
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 12:46 am - NC
I have no problem at all with cold stuff.  I don't know what I'd do this summer if I couldn't stomach ice water!
Renee2007
on 7/11/11 12:29 am - Central, FL
 Your stomach is now approximately a quarter of the size it used to be. Orange juice is full of acid. Your stomach is not capable of handling all of that acid now and the result is heartburn. I agree with the others that I would avoid oj....it's simple carbs that you are absorbing 100%.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 12:44 am - NC
Heartburn makes sense.  It's 12g carbs for the 4 oz I drink.  Considering I'm eating very little other than meat  at this point, I'm willing to have a few carbs come from juice.  Obviously as I am able to add fruits and veggies here and there, I'll give up the juices, but for now, it's one of the small things that allow me to experience some sort of fruit.  I know, I know.  It's bad, but it is what it is.  Baby steps.  
elixir
on 7/11/11 1:52 am - MI
For me getting the surgery was more of a leap than a baby step. I understood that I needed to abandon previous habits completely. (At least for a good long while.) 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

beemerbeeper
on 7/11/11 2:03 am - AL
***like****

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views