New Here - Hello

KayDees
on 7/9/11 12:01 pm
Hello,

I am new to the DS board, though I am not new to the DS.  I am nearing my 3 year anniversay.  The switch changed my life for the better, but did not correct all the things that were "wrong" with me.  Every little bit helps though.  

Surgery I weighed in at a hefty 260lbs.  Today I am a health 160lbs.  I have been on a forever stall at 160lb.  My goal is 140lbs, but who can complain.  The last 20 lbs are vanity lbs, though my hubby thinks that removing my belly apron will give what I am looking for in the mirror.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and replying if I have something to contribute.

I would never change anything since the DS.  I  would do cartweels if this old body would allow it.  :)

Yes,  I like to smile a lot.

Your new forum mate,

Kimberly
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/11 12:27 pm
 Hi Kimberly, nice to see you here. I'm with you on the cartwheels if my old body would let me. 
I've had surgery just 2 years ago now but have been at goal since 11 month out, so I was just lucky with the weight-loss I guess. It was pretty effortless for me.

Hang around, there are a lot of people here, just not on the weekend, then it moves pretty slowly around here.

Have a good weekend.

Inge

Julie R.
on 7/9/11 12:43 pm - Ludington, MI
 Hi Kaydee

Welcome to the boards!   Ditto on the cartwheels.....
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/11 1:01 pm - Beverly, NJ

Hi!  I'll officially be a DSer on Monday (after 10am lol).  I love seeing people join who are post-ops.  It means more people to badger with questions :)

Ditto on it being quiet on the weekends although this weekend it seems to be moving pretty nice in our little forum world :)  

Welcome to the site, grab a seat and a cup of tea.  We like it relaxed and cozy around here, although expect a good lively conversation every now and then.  Mind the newbies we're full of questions and can pester and be repetitive but  we mean no harm, we're just excited :)  Do take a chance to share your story so we can all get to know you better.  I especially love to read the stories of post-ops, theres always something to learn :)

MajorMom
on 7/9/11 8:07 pm - VA
Welcome aboard, Kimberly.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 4:00 am - TX
Newbie here saying Hello and Welcome!  I'm hoping for a revison from band to DS!
a_new_mii
on 7/10/11 4:09 am - AZ
 Hey Kimberly,
Welcome!  you'll find everyone here very helpful.  I learn something new everyday.  I'm pretty smiley too, especially now, Since I've been SWITCHED!!  
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

KayDees
on 7/10/11 8:53 am
Thanks for the friendly replies, even on a slow weekend. 
Enjoy what is left of it.

Kimberly
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 113 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 658 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views