7 months post op and feeling the blues

ksallen928
on 7/9/11 2:00 pm
Well yesterday was 7 months out.  Everything about my weight loss has been great.  (I'll give you some wow's in a second) but I do feel like people treat me differently.  I may just be having one of those hormonal poor me days but...  Groups of my friends and my sisters have been going out a lot lately.  I think it would be a lot of fun since my husband started working nights and I'm home alone a lot, plus I wouldn't mind going out now that I weigh 177 and not 302.  I mentioned that I would like to go a couple of times and they still don't invite me when they go.  I don't know how to take it.  My husband says maybe they are just worried I'll take the attention away from them or maybe they know that I can't really drink anything so they don't think I'll want to go, but I've told them I'd like to go and they still don't ask/tell me when they're gonna go. 
Anyway! 
Wow's
As mentioned...down 125lbs! (302-177)
Running at least a mile a day
Figuring out which foods go and which ones don't.
I don't worry about being too heavy (won't fit in a chair or won't be able to ride on a ride)
Wearing a size 10/medium...don't ever remember that
Nearing my initial weight loss goal
Getting my vitamins in!  Yay...didn't know if I'd ever be able to gag down regular multi's

Guess listing all these good things makes me feel better about the not going out thing.
Oh well

Thanks for the support!
Kim

freebirdmich
on 7/9/11 2:30 pm - MI
 Kim, I am sure your husband is probably right! It's just ****ty of them too, If I were you I might tell them again that you would love to go and if they still don't make any kind of attempt I would be hurt but I would let them know about it and then wash my hands of them! 

REAL friends will support you and be there for you no matter what. 
good luck with everything and congrats! Kerri~

lisarn
on 7/9/11 2:44 pm - Omaha, NE
I'm only 6 weeks out, but I know that people haven't invited me out because they are afraid I won't be able to eat anything, so they don't want me to feel bad if they are having lots of food that I "can't" have. 
Instead of waiting for them to invite you, you need to be the planner. You pick the date, time and place and invite them all to come out.
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

J G.
on 7/9/11 4:28 pm
Kim  make some new "friends,"  invite them out and go have some fun!

Congrats on the 125#!!!!

-Jenny
scoob
on 7/9/11 5:23 pm - Somerset, KY
Fisrt, Congrats on the 125lbs! That is AWESOME!!

Since I started losing people started treating me differently. I was expecting it, but not from the ones that it's been a problem with. Some people just need that fat friend to feel better about themselves, IMO, and I'm not that anymore. Well, I'm still a big girl but not 335lbs. You get the idea. I just TRY not to let their problem become mine. I'm still me, damnit. I know it's really hard with the sisters. Mine are mostly supportive but still don't invite me out when they go. Oh well,their loss!!! Do you have a local support group? Some of my BFF's are now WLS patients and they understand. HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

AllieInOntario
on 7/9/11 10:20 pm
People can be very weird about change.  They don't know how to handle it.  It can be weight or any number of situations that bring it on.  

A few years back, my life got turned inside out (small town, husband having an affair, etc etc etc), and while my friends, and neighbours were supportive, they really didn't know what to "do" with me, once the world settled down.  People tend to pigeon hole their world and surroundings into a box.  When something changes that requires them to rearrange the box - they don't like it.

When hubs grew his brain back,( hard work, got marriage back on track, etc et) the folks in this small town still don't quite know now, where we fit.  (where we used to be included in everything) - now we're basically treated  like ghosts.

It hasn't helped that in the last year my weight gain made me self conscious, and I've tried to stay away from places where the psycho ***** has now been oozing back in to find a new man/bank account.

I don't know if I have any real advice for you, other than to make yourself visible.  Pick a target friend perhaps, and try to include them in things YOU are doing.  
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

on 7/10/11 1:12 pm - Panama City, FL
Hey Kim!
Congratulations on being 7 months out! It is a wonderful life! A size 10 is great, you skinny thing you! ;) As far as going out...have you thought about going out and inviting them? You can always go out and meet new people while you are there. As far as the drinking thing... since you can't drink, you can always offer to be the designated driver. (That should make you really popular!) One of the drawbacks of losing this much weight is that people have to re-learn their perception of you. Unfortunely, I did lose a couple of friends after I lost weight because they couldn't adjust to me looking different. I know we are the same on the inside, but they probably see you are more confident and it makes them insecure. Don't let anyone stop you from going out. If you want to go out, go out. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you enjoy! You have come too far to stop now! ;) Where do you live?? I would go dancing with ya! ;)
Partying in Florida,
Cita :)

Heightest weight 324/Current Weight 160
"I think I can. I think I can." -Little Engine that Could

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 357 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views