DS Vitamin Schedule - How do you combine Vitalady with outside sources?

kmg9122
on 7/10/11 10:25 am - Spring, TX
Hi all!  I was looking over Vitalady's site and she now is offering a DS starter package for $313.  I know I've seen some posts where people are combining Costco (for example) with other sources.  (Actually Vitalady's starter pack includes a Kirkland multi-vitamin.)  So, I was hoping some of you might share where your  purchasing your vitamins to achieve quality and cost-effectiveness.  I'm not shooting down the starter pack at all, I'd just like to see what other options (and combinations) you all might be using.  Thanks.

Kathi - Houston, Texas
2008 - Lap Band  Hoping for revision to DS Mar 2012
Jewel506 is my Angel!

KarenFlorida
on 7/10/11 11:20 am - Orlando, FL
I bought the starter pack, for starters lol, but I am interested in the answers to this question as well.
Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Jersey Girl
on 7/10/11 12:09 pm
I get my Calcium Citrate, B Complex, Multi and Vitamin C from BJs.

Usually I get A, D, E and K from Vitalady.

My iron I get from Amazon and all the rest from swansonvitamins.com

I ensure the dosages and ingredients are correct for DSers. 
A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
Julie R.
on 7/10/11 12:12 pm - Ludington, MI
Although I highly recommend Vitalady to get yourself started, because she has the exact items that we need, (and she is sooooo helpful) I will admit that I do buy some of my vitamins from other sources.   It can be very daunting navigating the vitamin world (chelated zinc vs. non-chelated?  mag ox vs. mag citrate? for example) I order some things from Vitacost (I use calcium hydroxyapatite as some of my calcium source) and I buy my multis and super B from Sam's Club.   I also buy Calcium Citrate from Sam's.    I also use sublingual D and A and sometimes Lexor Health has sale prices and free shipping, so I'll order them from there.   It just depends upon how big of an order I have going in, and what I need at that time.  
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Elizabeth N.
on 7/10/11 12:40 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I don't take everything on her list.. I get my dry A, D and E, my Tender Iron and my copper from her. My B complex, magnesium, calcium, C and multi come from Costco and my zinc from my local health food store.

P. Poster
on 7/10/11 12:47 pm
 I get my calcium citrate, multi, vitamin C, B-100 complex & B12 sublingual from Costco.  I get my iron/folic acid in script form (Proferrin Forte) from CVS (for $20 a month), and I get the rest from Vitalady.  I haven't been able to find the correct vite, in a high enough dose, in a DRY formulation anywhere else.  Vitalady has great prices, is VERY helpful and knowledgeable, and gives SO much to the WLS community, I want to make sure I do my part to support her continued service to us.
z85sparty
on 7/10/11 1:17 pm - Mason, MI
I'm pretty much right along with everyone else.  I buy approximately 2-4 pills from Vitalady, then the rest I find online or in stores around my area. 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

AmandaID
on 7/10/11 2:39 pm, edited 7/10/11 2:39 pm - Shoshone, ID
 I buy almost everything from vitacost.com. They have what I need at good prices. The couple of vits I can't get on there (K2 and D-50,000IU) I buy from Amazon. 

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

freebirdmich
on 7/10/11 6:46 pm - MI
 So what is in Vitalady's starter pack? I can't find it on her site...
and how long does it last? is it a months worth? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 271 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views