OBAMACARE

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 3:48 pm, edited 8/1/11 3:52 pm - OH

OMG.  I would LOVE to go into a whole argument with you...but I will refrain myself as to not offend anyone with differing political views on a site that is not related to such a thing. HOWEVER...you need to brush up on your politics. There is no universal healthcare.

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 11:48 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Bless you.

girlygirl1313
on 8/1/11 9:30 pm - Davidson, NC
 I guess you didn't catch onto my sarcasm   I'm a Libertarian. so you can guess what my position would be.

But other than the snarky comment, I'm staying out of political discussion on OH.  It gets nasty here and the arguments are never worth losing friends over.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/2/11 2:02 am
Yep, politics brings out the worst in people. It's also a deeply personal thing, and it's hard not for others to get offended even when you're not trying to kick the hornets nest.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 11:41 pm - Burlington County, NJ
*snort* And you have HOW much experience with living with "socialized medicine"?

That's what I thought. Take your spew and shove it. Keep your ******g politics OFF THIS BOARD.

geutenmorgan
on 8/2/11 1:54 am
 I appreciate your experience with the DS and I know this is not a political board.  I am allowed to have an opinion that is different than yours on several topics, but I did not bring up OBAMACARE, I am just responding to it.  I absolutely do NOT agree with changing into this OBAMACARE and I believe it will ruin what we now appreciate.  I am in the health care profession.  I have lived in Canada and experienced their system.  I was horrified at what I experienced along with several other friends stories of living there.  You may not agree, but I am not one to not share my opinion, just like you.  You may have to walk away from me, but know this, I am no fool.  Only time will tell how detrimental this change in health care will be, and then you can say... yeah that person was right.  The truth always finds a way to reveal itself. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 3:26 am, edited 8/2/11 3:29 am - Woodbridge, VA
"...ruin what we now appreciate..."

You're right - I sure do APPRECIATE that my employer decided to change insurers, so I went from a health plan that would easily cover the DS to one that would not conver ANY WLS at all for any reason, but I still paid the same premiums out of my paycheck.

I absolutely APPRECIATE that I will have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket under my current health insurance when I get pregnant and have a baby.

How could I not APPRECIATE that someone who works part-time at Starbucks is offered better health benefits than me when I'm working 50+ hours a week doing a job most people who understand it try to avoid?

And how could I forget to APPRECIATE the fact that if I were to lose my job or benefits for some reason, I wouldn't be able to qualify for hardly any private insurance plans (thanks to having had surgery within the past few years, not to mention a type 2 diabetes diagnosis), and those I COULD qualify for would cost me an arm and a leg each month.

Yeah, this US healthcare system is absoloutely fabulous.

There's no such thing as perfect, but what we have is so money-driven that no one gives a **** about our actual health. I'm not saying the current legislation is the ultimate fix, but our system does need to be FIXED, and, as we all know, admitting there is a problem is the first step toward recovery :)
goodkel
on 8/2/11 5:21 am
On August 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM Pacific Time, jillybean720 wrote:
"...ruin what we now appreciate..."

You're right - I sure do APPRECIATE that my employer decided to change insurers, so I went from a health plan that would easily cover the DS to one that would not conver ANY WLS at all for any reason, but I still paid the same premiums out of my paycheck.

I absolutely APPRECIATE that I will have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket under my current health insurance when I get pregnant and have a baby.

How could I not APPRECIATE that someone who works part-time at Starbucks is offered better health benefits than me when I'm working 50+ hours a week doing a job most people who understand it try to avoid?

And how could I forget to APPRECIATE the fact that if I were to lose my job or benefits for some reason, I wouldn't be able to qualify for hardly any private insurance plans (thanks to having had surgery within the past few years, not to mention a type 2 diabetes diagnosis), and those I COULD qualify for would cost me an arm and a leg each month.

Yeah, this US healthcare system is absoloutely fabulous.

There's no such thing as perfect, but what we have is so money-driven that no one gives a **** about our actual health. I'm not saying the current legislation is the ultimate fix, but our system does need to be FIXED, and, as we all know, admitting there is a problem is the first step toward recovery :)
You hit the nail on the head.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

geutenmorgan
on 8/2/11 9:08 am
 Everything you have mentioned is everything to do with INSURANCE!!!! Insurance is the problem, not our healthcare system.  I never said anything about insurance. Absolutely there needs to be competition in the insurance industry.  Don't even talk to me about paying for insurance.  I pay $1548.90 a month for insurance.  BUT...  I am willing to pay for it, cuz I use it.  I am so against everyone wanting great healthcare and pay nothing for it.  Our economy cannot do it.  Our government surely can't do it.  So I guess if we have our government foot the bill for everyones healthcare, because people feel they are entitled to insurance and not pay for it..... YOU KNOw WHO PAYS???? our future generation, OUR CHILDREN.  I think Americans need to step up to the plate, give real solutions, work for what they get, and not pawn it off on others.  This entire "entitlement" crap is bull!!! Do you think OBAMACARE is going to look out for what is best for you?  Absolutely not.  This program looks for what population will be "worth the money to repair."  That will exclude children, who can't contribute and seniors who just need to die.  This "plan" has no respect of life and no integrity.  I absolutely cannot support such a plan. Talk to me about understanding this 2000 page bill... good luck with that, have you read it?
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 10:24 am - Woodbridge, VA
Who wants to "pay nothing" for healthcare? Ask people in Britain how much of their paychecks go to taxes compared to in the US.

I never asked you to support any plan. All I said is that our current system is broken and needs to be fixed. But if you want to continue paying nearly $1600 a month while some people get even better coverage than you while paying nothing, and you don't think the system is broken, then you're entitled to that opinion.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views