is heavy cream just fat? Can i use it for protein shakes freely?

Twi light
on 9/5/11 3:58 am - NY
based on what i see , my container says Carbs0 for serving which is  a tablespoon, but i know once we get into the larger quantaties there are some carbs. But if i am using abuot 2oz of heavy cream and 2 oz of milk for my 30gram protein shake , this is okay right? 

I been having a hard time getting shakes down but with the heavy cream, i love it. ... i do not like protein coffee so i am trying to find an alternative, not a coffee or chocolate fan .

what if i just use 4oz of cream, no milk, a splash of water so it doesnt over thicken and a scoop of prtein, would this be better than doing 1/2 cream 1/2 milk ? 

MajorMom
on 9/5/11 4:09 am - VA
Experiment but the cream plus water sounds good to me and keeps the carbs way down.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

mylittleblackdress
on 9/5/11 4:27 am - FL
I use about 2 oz. heavy cream and the res****er and it tastes great.
callmeEJ
on 9/5/11 4:40 am - Minneapolis, MN
I often use 1/2 cream, 1/2 water. Or sometimes all cream. I usually make my shakes with coffee, so that takes care of the "water" portion. Cream has a little bit of carbs in it, but nearly as much as milk.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
sdld2001
on 9/5/11 5:20 am - Summerville, SC
For the past few days I've been using 2oz of heavy cream, 2 oz of water, and 1-1/2 scoops of powder. It's makes it creamy without any lumps and it's not too terribly thick. It's a great way to get in extra fat and calories without many carbs. But you are right, you will start getting carbs the more cream you use. That 0 carbs could be just a trace or 0.9. If it's below 1 they can count is as 0...eventhough it's really not. I go ahead and count it as 1 carb per serving...it keeps me honest and really, what is 4 carbs for 2 oz.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Julie R.
on 9/5/11 5:32 am - Ludington, MI
 I'm a half cream/half water kinda gal, and I HATE watery shakes, so there ya go.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Verhampshirite
on 9/5/11 5:50 am
According to FitDay, 2 oz. heavy cream has 1.7 g. carbs. A worthy use of even the smallest carb budget, I think! :-)

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

Anna G.
on 9/5/11 5:51 am
I put heavy cream in absolutely everything that it might be even marginally appropriate in. LOL Definitely great in protein shakes! Very DS friendly, and it can make even a borderline nasty supplement taste good. (Some cute little sales girl brought me free samples the other day...made out of the weirdest protein...rice protein? cranberry protein?? tasted great but the texture was horribly chalky...cream made it yummy).

Twi light
on 9/5/11 6:52 am - NY
YAYA i am so excited now for the prospect of getting the shakes down easier. I bene okay on protein, but i would like to go into the 120-150 range and it is impossible without shakes so far

vanilla whey, 3 oz of cream 1 oz of water , splash of sugar free caramel syrup, shake shake , freeze for 10 min, it tastes like ice cream to me so this will go down easy.

wings
on 9/7/11 10:07 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Oh, WOW I am gonna try this soon. 

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein