This is Terri. I am the lady who had the RNY to DS conversion with Dr. Rabkin in March. It is now July and I am still on the feeding tube and have drains. We are waiting for the hole in my stomach to heal. I had a CT scan last week which looked good. Wednesday I have a stent being taking out (it was placed there six weeks ago to aid in the healing). The last time they did this I spiked a fever and was in the hospital for two days.... so I am really nervous about it but it has to be done. If the hole has closed then I can finally start or restart my recovery with a liquid then pureed diet. Then the feeding tube and drain can be taken out.
Dr. Rabkin is not the doctor who does the stents. It is a different hospital but the doctor consults with Dr. Rabkin.
Just asking for good thoughts. Thanks everyone. Terri
I just don't know if the complications were more likely because of the RNY to RNY or if it would have been just as likely to happen with just RNY -> DS. It would be a question for the surgeon and I will ask Dr. Rabkin next time I see him.
How are you doing? You responded to a post of mine a couple of months back. I am still on the fence about which if any WLS Correction would be best for me. Do you think your RNY to RNY degraded your stomach.? That is you had the DS as a second surgery you may have not has all of these complications?
Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian