uh oh-huge bulge

jzwife
on 4/25/13 3:03 am

I noticed I have pain on my left side along with a huge bulge- looks like I am 6 months pregnant. I final went in and had a CAT scan along with contrast. Everything is ok with the surgery and I don't have a hernia which was one of my greatest fears. However my abdominal wall is very weak from all of the surgeries I have had so it is protruding.(I have a lot of mesh from prior hernias that needs to be replaced) I have to wear a binder and just hope and pray it doesn't break thru the abdominal wall. the Dr wants me to get stronger before I have to under go another surgery. He's hoping I can hold out until I do my plastics. I am shooting for january. He said he would do plastic surgery after I lost 80lbs (I am down 22) but I would honestly like to lose at least 100. 

Anyway- just venting because I am a little bummed by this. It makes it harder to walk and do things because its painful. I know others have had things that are much worse so I will pull up my big girl panties and deal with it!

LEE
on 4/25/13 4:23 am, edited 4/25/13 4:24 am

Sharon I am really sorry to hear this and I am praying that everything works out.  I was just thinking about you yesterday and was going to send you a pm to see how you were.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
* Gail R *
on 4/25/13 4:27 am - SF Bay Area, CA

You should feel pretty confident that you will lose that weight before next January. Remember to firmly restrict your carbohydrate intake to speed the weight loss. It's too bad you have to deal with this set back. I sure wouldn't want to wear a binder all summer but the good thing is that heat probably won't bother you nearly as much now.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 227 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 723 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views