Dr David Greenbaum in New Jersey any patients

maxie1
on 5/20/13 3:35 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

How was he?  How did your surgery go?  what kind of surgery did you have? thanks.

susan                                                                                                
mrsannie
on 5/20/13 9:08 pm

I was a revision from a Crap-Band to a DS.  The girls in the office were a challenge until I was approved, but the surgery went really well, although It was worse than I thought it was going to be.  It took about 5 weeks until I felt like me again.  But Dr. G was really great in fact on Saturday night I had an issue called the office and the connected me right to him.

I wind up with an incisional hernia that he corrected the next year and did an tummy tuck at the same time.  It's not goreous but it looks much better.  After that surgery however I wound up with a staph infection and landed in the hospital for 5 days!  I do think that could have been prevented if he really listened to me, I know my body and I knew something was wrong, he gave me a round of antibiotics but it wasn't enough.  He was however there everyday to see me even thought I was technically not his patient at that point.

As I said they are very busy and that's kind of an issue, but Dr. G himself was great.

Good luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
CSerwalt
on 5/21/13 2:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12

RNY to DS revision, 5 and a half months post-op 83 lbs down. Dr. G is awesome, easy to talk to and knows his stuff. Same thing here the nurses are so so once they get to know you though it gets better. I was in the hospital 5 days at first. one month out I was back in with a leak for 6 six days but, with revisions it always a greater chance. All is fine now no complications. Still get used to my diet but that expected. Hoping by one year to be at goal. 53lbs to go. Oh and Dr. G uses the Hess method, to understand you will need to research. dsfacts.com

RNY: 08/04/2009 SW: 310 Aug 2009 LW: 199 Jul 2010                       

DS: 11/28/2012 SW 286 Nov 2012 CW: 169 Mar 2014

maxie1
on 5/21/13 7:41 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Christine your from Phila, how did you get your ds.. i am from wilkes barre with bcbs federal and they will not let me have the ds... insurance says its not a covered surgery but in pa they would have covered it.. do you have bcbs?  thanks..  the office wants me to come down on friday sign papers, and buy the protein drinks and insurance didnt approve it yet im still in pending with insurance for 3 weeks... im getting very discouraged.  thanks for the imput.

susan

susan                                                                                                
CSerwalt
on 5/21/13 9:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
hi Susan, I have BCBS highmark though. it really depends on the company you work for. mine was a revision also due to a failed RNY, I was almost back to 300 lbs. yup I'm from Philly, Dr.g did my surgery 75cm like Michelle. Two week liquid shake diet sucks. and you have to pay out of pocket, insurance didn't cover them. I'm hoping for you and will keep you in my thoughts that you get approval soon.

RNY: 08/04/2009 SW: 310 Aug 2009 LW: 199 Jul 2010                       

DS: 11/28/2012 SW 286 Nov 2012 CW: 169 Mar 2014

MicheleNJ
on 5/21/13 11:06 am
DS on 04/01/13

I had Dr. G and he is great, he did my DS. Surgery went great except for my appendix being in the wrong spot other wise then that it was text book he said. I have a 75 cm common channel. His staff is really good also. 

maxie1
on 5/21/13 11:12 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

how was your two week diet what did you have to take?

susan                                                                                                
MicheleNJ
on 5/21/13 11:36 am
DS on 04/01/13

Did shakes for 2 weeks but I did cheat a few times for some reason I craved salads lol. I was ok except for Day 5 had a minor meltdown, but I think everybody has a day where they just want to toss in the towel, but we all make it. I had chocolate & vanilla the only way I could drink the shakes was with mixing it with heavy cream sort of made it into a milk shake and I didn't have any problems drinking them that way. Lost 15 lbs during those 2 weeks. Have you gone to see Dr. G yet?, I never had a problem with him or his staff. 

maxie1
on 5/21/13 11:40 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

I have seen him i was scheduled for feb but he hurt his arm and was rescheduled for june 10th but i am still waiting for ins approval since 4/29 suppose to start the liquid diet on sunday.  what kind of shakes did you get. the office said they have a special one i forgot the name already.  i was going to do special k and boost and kinds like that.. i did send you a friend request if you dont mind id like to keep in touch. thanks  suppose to go down friday afternoon to sign papers but still dont know if approved.

susan

susan                                                                                                
MicheleNJ
on 5/21/13 11:54 am
DS on 04/01/13

Hi Susan

I had chocolate & vanilla, I could only handle 2 a day and I mixed heavy cream with my chocolate ones tasted like a milk shake. I did cheat a few times had cravings for salads lol. Have you talked to Tina about the approval?, I would either email her or talk to her on Friday when you go in. I was supposed to have my surgery either in Jan or Feb and it got pushed back to April, thought it was nice of him to call himself to tell me what happened. I will get the friend request as soon as I can:). Good luck with Friday. 

Michele

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 49 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 623 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 227 views