Stalling in all the familiar places

jashley
on 8/19/13 2:29 pm, edited 8/19/13 2:30 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I have been seeing a trend lately.  I stall exactly where I remember being stalled before the surgery - when I was battling my weight with low carbing, or weigh****chers, or plain starvation.  The same plateaus that cropped up then (and I could not get past them) are cropping up now. 

The first 35 lbs came off so easily, but that was all relatively new fat.  Once I got past that, I started stalling at the same old places that used to bring me to my knees historically.  Now, it takes a while (2 months or more) but my body does let go of the weight and I drop below that gate on the scales.  For once, I am winning the mega stalls of my youth!

How about you?  Are your stalls at the same old 'hitting the wall' points?

PSaadallah
on 8/20/13 11:11 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I completely agree!  My body still wants to hang on to those fat stores, but with persistence I now have a chance to finally get past those stalls!  After about my fourth month post-op I stopped weighing myself more than once a month.  There are so many other milestones that are happening that those stalled scale numbers are just not worth the anxious feelings they cause.

As we were all told by our doctors - the DS is a tool, and one that can help us get past all of those old stalls that used to mean the end of the diet!

jashley
on 8/20/13 2:07 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I weigh around once a month now.  Or if my pants get too big - then I will jump on the scales.

It takes a long time, then the weight drops to the next historical stall point and it sits there for months.

Interesting that my body remembers the old gates from previous dieting.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 265 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 249 views