VitaLady vitamins

SHFT_2
on 10/31/13 9:34 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I'm only three months out and wont have labs again until 6 months, but my plan is to take vitamins as I need them. I do get the 50,000 IU of D and 25,000 IU of A from vitalady. I might also get iron from vitalady when I'm done with my chewables because I'm tired of chewing all of these pills. I take a celebrate multi ADEK so I don't get that from vitalady and I was just started on Calcium Citrate and found it 40% off at Meijer so I bought a few big bottles. I also picked up biotin from Meijer.

So you don't have to only buy from Vitalady. Sounds like you might have purchased the pre-packaged monthly stuff? I've heard many people say you can save my buy things individually and sorting it yourself.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

beemerbeeper
on 11/3/13 10:35 am - AL

The multi ADEKs don't work well.  You can't individualize the doses.  For some reason my A got really high last lab so I discontinued it for a while.  My D is low so I have to take a LOT of it spread out over the day and it still isn't where I want it.  So most of us find we need individual A,D, E and K plus we take K1 and K2.

~Becky

Nancy T.
on 10/31/13 10:24 am
DS on 07/16/13

Yes, they are all pre-packaged.  One thing that surprises me about their packages is that first off in the morning they include an iron.  Usually that's when many of us are having some form of calcium - milk, cheese, yogurt, so they would cancel each other out.  I'm taking the iron at night, well after I'm done taking any kind of calcium.  Next time  I will buy a la carte.  I think I am learning that I need to have food in my tummy when taking the vits.  All of the advice is so helpful, thank everyone -- and esp. for the hugs!!!

Valerie G.
on 10/31/13 10:49 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Also, try taking a couple an hour instead of huge amounts at once.  That may be easier on the tum.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 291 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 763 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views