Been around OH for awhile? Please introduce yourself and share how you are

Member Services
on 7/15/14 6:05 am - Irvine, CA

The OH community has so many members that have been around for quite some time.  You've provided LOTS of information, education and support, and make the community what it is. 

Please introduce yourself and update on how you're doing along with anything you'd like to share.

JazzyOne9254
on 7/22/14 2:14 am

I'm JazzyOne9254, aka Jazz.

I'm 5 1/2 years out with the Duodenal Switch, and have lost and maintained a 257 pound weight loss.

I have had skin reduction surgery on my thighs and legs (not a lift, just excise and remove) and it has immensely improved my quality of life!  No more flapping around the house when I'm unbound (ace bandages used to hold it all still).  I actually tripped myself once when one of the flaps was a little damp, and flapped over the opposing thigh and got stuck.

I can also wear my "real" size pants now, instead of getting them in a larger size to accomodate the skin.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Member Services
on 7/28/14 7:23 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Jazzy,

Thank you for all you do and all the paying forward to all our members.  Your support has been second to none!

JazzyOne9254
on 8/10/14 12:00 am

Thanks so much!  I really enjoy interacting with the members on the various boards, not only telling what has worked for me, but getting information from them for things I might be having issues with. This is the most useful board on the Internet I've come across for weight loss information , be it weight loss surgery pre-op, post-o*****op!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

K X.
on 7/25/14 4:38 pm, edited 7/25/14 4:39 pm

Hello everyone. Im Keila and I had a DS done on 07/08/14 with Dr Houseworth in WA. I had a great surgery and haven't had any complications. 

So far I am mostly on soft foods, and seem to be doing fairly well. I get at least 90grams of protein a day and am working my way up to eating more calories. I am just now getting about 900.

Ive been learning so much from other posts. Thank you all so much. I cant wait to have my inside calm down and get onto a "normal" weight life!

DS 07/08/14 Dr Houseworth

HW/284  SW/270 1 week post op/262

Member Services
on 7/28/14 7:24 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations Keila on your surgery. Be sure and add Jazzy to your friends list, she is awesome!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views