NSV - comment

PeteA
on 7/19/14 9:32 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I'm not quite sure how I really feel about this but it is a kind of victory.

I'm having lunch yesterday at my bother's and my sister in law comes out with 
"Don't you think you've lost enough weight?" . I was kind of amazed because that is not
how I see myself at all. I'm 6:1, 251 lbs this morning, and a BMI of abput 33 (not even 
down to just Obese on the charts yet.)

I've come an amazingly long way on my journey but I have a hard time seeing what other people
are seeing...  I guess that is something I have yet to come to terms with. My goal with my surgeon
was 220 and I am just now starting to believe I'll actually get there but wherever I stop I'm thrilled
with my DS. 

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

annarohr
on 7/19/14 10:12 pm

OH GEEZ, I can't wait for that day when someone says that I have lost enough weight!  Good on you!!!!!

Huneypie
on 7/20/14 4:45 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Double century - congrats, that's amazing!! :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

NoreenRT
on 7/20/14 9:55 am - Warner Robins, GA

Did you kind of look at her like she had 3 heads?  That's what I did the first time I heard that comment. Really took me back. Thought maybe they were speaking to someone else.

Congrats on your achievement!

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Chris Mitchell
on 7/20/14 11:54 pm

It is not that you have lost to much or enough, when people have known you as big for so long any thing smaller is so differant they can not wrap there brain around it. I was told 10-20 lbs ago that I do not look like I need to lose anymore weight. So why is it someone that is 6 foot under 200 lbs healthy but me over 220 and 6 foot is fine?? LOL!

Chris M. - Highest Weight = 397 lbs, Start of Program = 386 lbs, Day of Surgery = 360 lbs

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vinnero0

PeteA
on 7/21/14 9:55 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Thanks everybody. It was a nice milestone. Totally agree with the comment about other people being helathy under 200 
but not me for some reason. Just an eye roll for that one.

bigmikebigfoothunter
on 7/21/14 1:54 pm
DS on 03/10/14

Pete! You are doing amazing! I am so excited for the chance to finally get into the 200 lbs like you are! I think we are "programmed" to see ourselves larger just because it is all we have ever known, at  least in my case! From the beginning u have kept me motivated and believing that if you can do it so can I. But I will say at about 130pounds lost now I still dont see much difference even though I just went down from a 54 to 44 waist. In my head Im just getting started! Anyway congrats!!!! U deserve it!!!- MIke 

Irishnurse
on 7/21/14 3:40 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I know it took you back...but I also know it felt good! Congrats!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

FCSWheeler
on 7/23/14 3:02 pm

Hate to be a pest, but what does NsV stand for?

PeteA
on 7/23/14 10:45 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Not a pest at all. Sometimes the shorthand kills me too.

NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. Just a way to 
high light that the change is not strictly scale related.

Pete

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 154 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 694 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views