Plastics..

BReyes1961
on 7/27/14 12:58 am
DS on 12/16/13

For those who have had plastics, what did you have, and how much was it?  Did your insurance cover the cost, and if so, what criteria did you have to meet to have insurance pay?  I'm 25 pounds from goal, and I've started a savings for some plastics.  I need to start researching and wanted to start here to see what you all have to say about it.  Number 1 on my list is a tummy tuck (possibly a body lift). Number 2 on my list...boobs, Number 3 on my list...arms.

tooshky
on 7/27/14 1:08 am

So interested in the replies for this!

JazzyOne9254
on 7/27/14 2:59 am

I had skin excision from my thighs and legs (nothing) and it was covered by insurance (medicare) because it was considered medically necessary.  Insurance paid all but about $1,048.00  Most insurances don't cover plastics for any reason, some only to correct birth defects.

Be prepared to appeal all the way up to the Medical Review Board-Administrative Law Judge if it's Medicare-and be prepared to wait, although, it might be a little different now.  When I filed Social Security Disability in 2005 which was my "date of onset", I was told there was a five year backlog, and it took nearly four years, with the appeals until I started getting benefits, and they paid back to 2005.   

My disability is not weight related, it's lupus and fibromyalgia, but the weight loss has made it possible for me to take medicine for it effectively.  Before, all I could take was prednisone. Now, normal doses of medicines work just fine; even with the DS, I didn't have to have my Rx meds recalculated to account for malabsorption.

It just depends on what insurance provider you have, and sometimes, it's the person on the other end of the customer service line, once you tell them about your journey, who's willing to stick their neck out for you.  I've encountered quite a few of those "angels unaware."

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

PattyL
on 7/27/14 8:49 am

I have been amazed in the past some of the procedures insurance has paid for.  My advice to you is document, document, document.  Go to the doc and take pictures of every rash and issue you have that could be 'fixed' by plastics.  

docputer
on 7/27/14 9:37 am, edited 7/27/14 9:37 am - Topeka, KS
DS on 01/17/13

I had excess skin removed from my belly(medically necessity), and medicare paid most of the bill. I had complications(an extra week in ICU) and a second surgery and a wound pump for 2 months. Total bill was around 70k and my part is 4k.The wound pump was around 3k of that and the second surgery to install the wound pump was 4k.

Lyss Remaly
on 7/28/14 3:57 am - Wheeling, IL

I am three weeks out from my sencond round of plastic surgery.  Last august I had my tummy tuck and my boobies done.  This past July 3rd I had extensive lipo on my thighs and my arms done.  THe last round will be my thigh tuck and back tuck. 

I am paying for all of it myself.  I started saving money when I started losing weight.  All together, the three surgeries will be 40,000 and some change.  I originally wanted to buy myself a new car but I figure spending the money for my vehicle for life was way more worth it. 

Be sure to get as CLOSE to goal as possible.  I think that is what really helped me.  Start weight training to really tighten that skin as much as you can.  Keep drinking a TON of water to keep hydrated.  I would suggest taking time to REALLY research surgeons.  I saw 10 surgeons and fell in LOVE with my one that I decided on.  You will now who you feel most comfortable with.  Don' tlet the prices deter you from choosing one you really trust. 

IF you have ANY questions at all please feel free to let me know.  I also go over the details with photos of my last plastics on my blog:

http://fitnfabulyss.com

GOOD LUCK

Crazeru
on 7/28/14 10:18 am

I went to Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  I had a lower body lift with butt flaps to help round out my upper butt, a breast lift, arms and a mini thigh lift (front to back of the inside of the thigh) not the long leg.  It just pulls up the loose skin that rubs together when you walk.  4 days later I had a full neck/face lift and upper and lower eyes.  Cost was less then $20k.  Wonderful care. 

We have a group here on OH.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you to our group.  Here is the link to his price list:  http://www.medicaltourism.com.mx/mtpl.html

I did go back 2 years later for an upper body lift too.  You can take pics of your front, side, back, other side and send to [email protected]  He'll get back to you with a quote.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 135 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 678 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views