Fluid or Fat Rentention

ArielSanders
on 7/31/14 9:41 am - houston, TX

Do we DS'ers retain an inordinate amount of fluid? I stay puffy.

But never gain a pound..

hollykim
on 7/31/14 12:21 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I stay puffy if iam eating a lot of cRbs,even good ones,cause your. Body has to hold water to process the carbs and that makes you puffy. I also stay the same weight,but my belly. Will be puffy. GL

ArielSanders
on 7/31/14 4:21 pm - houston, TX

Thank you...i thought it was just me.... 

JazzyOne9254
on 7/31/14 6:26 pm

ArielSanders-

How's your protein intake?  And where is your puffiness?

One of the first signs of Protein Calorie Malnutrition is swelling/puffiness in your lower legs.

How long is your common channel?  If it's on the short side, you might have protein

requirements over and above the typical DSer. 

My particular guidelines say 90-100 grams every single day, and if you consider that we

absorb approximately 50-60 percent of the protein we eat, that's just about right to

get in what we would need to if we were still unaltered.  I've got puffy lower legs right

now,and I know I'm going to get blessed out at my surgeon visit Tuesday, which is not

exactly the way I planned for it to go.  

Try increasing or adding back at least 16 ounces worth of shakes and see if that helps. 

If it makes you nervous about gaining, just try every other day with the increased

protein. 

I'm not giving you medical advice here, just what has worked for a DS Sister faced with

PCM, from whom I learned early out by observation and her open communication. 

Hope it works for us both!  I'll keep you posted !

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

ArielSanders
on 7/31/14 11:20 pm - houston, TX

Thank you for replying..

Ugh..i never did the shakes I hate them...i always ate food.My fluid build up accumulates in my arms, back and abdomen. Then after a good workout, i can feel it evaporating through my pores..But I'm not suppose to feel that..and I'm also not supposed to lose that puffiness , what i considered fat in days right?

Love my DS, but we don't literally feel the fat burning do we..And Dr. Ungson made my common channel just a little longer than what Dr. Hess recommends. Sometimes I wonder , if he had my goodness..I'd be a bone....and no i don't count the grams of protein.

i guess i should eat very very little carbs

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 619 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 227 views