T minus 2 days...

Brandy G.
on 8/18/14 9:39 am
DS on 08/20/14
Well, I am two days out.  Tomorrow I fly to San Diego then drive to Mexicali for my DS with Dr. Ungson on Wednesday.        I’m happy we decided to simplify everything and not combine it with a vacation.  The low carb diet for the last month has not been too bad, but this 5 day liquid diet has thrown me off.  This diet is chamomile tea, broth, sugar free Jell-O and a cup or two of kefir.  For those of you whom have had colonoscopies -- you know that moment during the prep when you say to yourself “There has to be a better way.  Did all of this need to happen in an hours’ time span?”  Well, I think five day liquid pre-surgery diet is the slower way I was thinking about and it sucks worse.  Next time I will just be thankful for the big miracle of the pre-colonoscopy drink.        Typically I get about 80% organized early and then go back and a last pass towards the end of a project.  This strategy has not worked so well this time because I don’t have my brain right now.  It checked out after getting some GRAPE JUICE!!!  Carbs!!  SUGUAR!!  WOOOOOO HoooOOOOOoo, this morning.  Three weeks of less than 20 carbs a day and suddenly 8 oz of grape juice, which is 42 g carbs.  I feel drunk.        Advice #1:  Get organized to the point of having your bags semi packed before the 5 day liquid diet.       I had planned to write about the last month of prep and share my to-do lists, but again, no brain.  At least I am also feeling too stoned to get nervous.  :-)
MajorMom
on 8/18/14 6:48 pm - VA

Oh, I hated the bowel prep!  Wishing you all kinds of good luck.  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 8/18/14 10:25 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Have a safe surgery and a quick recovery.  

Susan D.
on 8/19/14 10:07 am - Topeka, KS
DS on 07/31/14

I wish you well on your surgery! Will be thinking of you. Take care and let us know how things go.

Susan

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views