2 yrs out, still reaching for goal

jashley
on 9/7/14 2:24 am, edited 9/7/14 2:26 am
DS on 12/19/12

I will be at 2 years this December.  (To all the newbies - the first year is the hardest, life consuming journey.  Then it all settles down and becomes normal.)

I did bounce back 5 lbs from my lowest.  I had hoped to lose another 15 lbs.  It isn't happening.  I cut my calories, I cut my carbs, etc. - nothing.  My weight doesn't drop below 145 lbs no matter if I cut out all the stuff and eat meat/meat/meat, or eat like a non-bari person and eat tons of calories/carbs. 

Cutting carbs, calories, exercising more, etc.  None of it budges the weight.  Been like this for over 6 months.

Have any vets dropped more than 10 lbs at 3-5 years out?  Was it an all out war to get it off?  Or is it a matter of waiting for the low carb/meat-meat diet to slowly work it's magic?  It's hard to do induction for months on end...

Valerie G.
on 9/7/14 7:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

By 2 years post op, your body settles to where it "wants to be".  145 is pretty small, or are you only 4'10"?  At 145  I was a size 6-8 and told I look like a scarecrow.  I'm 160-165 and a size 10-12 now, and quite content.  Are your hopes healthy and realistic?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jashley
on 9/9/14 11:19 am
DS on 12/19/12

I am 5'2".  I had wanted to get down to 135 to fit into a 10.  I'm in a 12 now.

I would look better at 130-135.

robertabreton
on 9/9/14 11:59 am - WA

How tall are you. I am 5'10" and weigh 143. I think i look awful. Everyone who sees me think i look great. My happy weight is $165. I don't look gaunt and my face is fuller. I think some people just think gaunt/anorexia-like is good looking. Not mr.

Lyss Remaly
on 9/9/14 2:51 am - Wheeling, IL

At four years out I got down to my goal weight of 160.  This was when I decided I wanted to pu**** even further and get down to 150lbs.  It is hard work and it takes consistency but I am going into my 5 year anniversary and now down to 150 and continue to move down after I totally changed my diet and workout routine. 

It is possible it just takes a complete change that your body isn't used to as well as consistency. 

jashley
on 9/9/14 11:25 am
DS on 12/19/12

What change did you make in your diet to throw off your metabolism?  What did you cut? 

And did you start running, or do HIIT?

I have not tried the exercise avenue.  I've changed the diet around, but not the other side of the equation. 

To be honest, I haven't really had to work hard at staying this weight or losing down to this level so far.   I'm really grateful for that.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 105 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 655 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views