2 vitamin questions...

katinhouston
on 9/12/14 2:17 pm - Houston, TX

1. I purchased vitalady's regimen and have begun taking the majority. For the magnesium citrate...Um mag citrate is a laxative, which I most definitely don't need right now. Why was this included in the regimen? And why would I ever want to take it with a DS?

2. All of the super sweet chewable vitamins are gagging me right now. When I finish what I have bought is it ok to switch to the gummy vitamin c which I find less sweet and more palatable, or is there something wrong with gummy vitamins?

MajorMom
on 9/12/14 7:22 pm - VA

Liquid mag citrate is the bowel prep stuff, dry powdered mag citrate will help you absorb calcium better. They are different.

You may want to switch to capsules when you're done with the chewables. Gummies, may have something we malabsorb, I'm not sure, but anything oil based would be a no-go.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 9/13/14 4:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Re diarrhea... don't believe it'll always be that way, with the amount of calcium I take I also take laxatives LOL.  Things will change the further out you are - going through what you're no doubt experiencing is normal for early out. ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

PattyL
on 9/13/14 8:00 am

If you have diarrhea, treat it!  Imodium is a good thing.

Brandy G.
on 9/15/14 11:36 am
DS on 08/20/14

I know what you mean about the chewable vitamins from VitaLady.  I went to Costco and replaced them with the hard horse pills and am much happier.  VitaLady sells both and she also carries different options for most types of vitamins, so if you can't handle one form, one of the other's might work. 

Watch the exact type of replacement you do.   For example, you want Calcium Citrate.   Replacing the vile cinnamon flavored chewable calcium citrate with yummy gummy tricalcium phosphate is not doing yourself any favors.  The body does not absorb any form of calcium anywhere near as well as it does calcium citrate. 

It is on my list, but I have not sat down and did the research needed to know if gummy vitamins are out across the board.  Even still, on bad days I'm taking Twinlab Bariatric Support Chewable Multi (berry) rather than the Costco solid or chewable.   I really need to sit down and figure it out. 

I wish these things were much more black and white. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 285 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 757 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 253 views