My 4 year Rebirth....

twodelight
on 9/14/14 10:52 pm - Atlanta, GA

On September 14, 2010 I went into the hospital to receive my DS and 4 years later I am still amazed at my transformation. I was one of those people reading the post and wondering if that one be me. Then one day it was me. I've lost 150 lbs and have kept 140 lbs off during these past four years. The bounce back weight I have gained have been beneficial in my breast and butt area so I'm not complaining. I still wear a size 8 and wear a medium shirt some small depending on material. A spank is my best friend to keep everything together. The only thing I struggle with is the gas. If I can get rid of that I will be perfect but I'm working on it. Yesterday I was in a major car accident and my car was totaled. But thank God I can send this message to wish those good luck in the process and that you too will be one of those people you read about soon. 

Huneypie
on 9/15/14 4:49 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Congrats on your success.

I'm sorry about your accident and am glad you sound OK.  I hope you're not too shaken from it.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

twodelight
on 9/15/14 5:10 am - Atlanta, GA

It was a bit of an experience that was quite scary. But I'll manage. Now there's dealing with insurance and getting another car. 

Huneypie
on 9/16/14 5:08 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Oh dear, insurance and enforced car shopping sucks.  I hope it goes as smoothly for you as possible.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

NoreenRT
on 9/15/14 11:09 am - Warner Robins, GA

So sorry about the car accident. Hope all turns out well for you.

A major congrats on your surgiversary. Keeping off 140# is really great!

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

NateH
on 9/15/14 11:16 am
VSG on 09/26/14

I'm so glad you're ok. It's great reading messages like yours for those of us that are just about to start our journeys. Thanks for the positivity! And congrats on your success. 

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

isaiah54mom
on 9/15/14 9:11 pm - bartlesville, OK

Congrats on all your hard work!! i am 6 years out and i am still amazed. My Dr. just said the most wonderful words to me the other day! "Don't you lose another pound"!!! Never thought i would here a Dr say that in my lifetime. I weighed 427 lbs on 1/2009 being wheeled into surgery... today i weigh 148 lbs!

To G-d be the glory!!!

I am glad you were not injured in your "lil mash up". Another car..its just a "thang" Life happens.

Grace and peace

Jo

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views