YOGURT?

TexasLady52
on 10/16/14 12:21 am
Revision on 06/10/14

What yogurt do you eat.  Is there any that is not high in sugar?  I have tried several differnt kinds and they all seem high in sugar.  The sugar doesn't make me sick but I just cannot eat it because of the sweet taste?

Karamay
on 10/16/14 3:08 am - NJ
DS on 12/18/12

I use plain Fage Total.  It is not sweet & has high levels of both fat & protein.  I usually mix in some smooshed berries to make mine a little sweeter...but you do not have to.  Also, you can make it savory with cucumber/garlic, etc..

DS (Lap) on 12/18/12 w/ Dr. Onopchenko, HW- 242, SW- 231, GW- 130  Height - 5'3"

PeteA
on 10/16/14 11:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I like Chobani Greek with fruit. I can't really say I've ever looked at the sugar totals though. It hasn't
affected my weight loss as far as I can tell.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Valerie G.
on 10/16/14 11:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Kroger has their own Carbmasters brand that is delicious and as high in protein as greek yogurt.

Blue Bunny has a "Carb Freedom" line thats very good, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

TexasLady52
on 10/16/14 11:36 pm
Revision on 06/10/14

I will have to try and find some Fage Total.  We do not have a Krogers where I live.  Have not seen the Blue Bunny?  Tried to eat Dannon Light & Fit this morning......but it was so sweet I could not eat it.  All of them so far has been real sweet to me.  Tried a Pumpking one yesterday and threw it in the trash.  I have never liked sweet drinks but use to like everything else.  I guess being off of sugar has intensified the sweetness.  It does not make me sick ..... I just cannot take the sweet taste.

Leigh Anne Pereira
on 10/21/14 3:16 am - Marietta, GA
VSG on 07/02/15

I love Fage. I usually get the 0% because it is still good and the regular is really rich. You can find it at almost all major grocery stores- sometimes it is in the natural/organic section. If you have a Trader Joe's it is definitely there. Same with Publix. Possibly Safeway. I love it with a tiny bit of honey. Hope this helps!

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Dolphingirl1385
on 10/17/14 8:49 am

Most of the Greek varieties are not as sweet, they have a little tart to them.  I tried Key Lime yesterday and it was very tart, as key lime is sort of tart anyway.  Just keep trying until you find one you like, but know your taste will continue to change. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 273 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 747 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views