Update... 9 days post-op

MsLacemeupx2
on 10/17/14 7:36 am

Well I am 9 days post op and down 23 pounds already. I'm just having a hard time trying to adjust to this puree stage.  I cannot find anything that tastes good to me. Any suggestions?  

Brandy G.
on 10/17/14 10:30 am
DS on 08/20/14

About the only thing that tasted really good to me was Tom Kha (a mixture of coconut milk, galangal, lemon grass, lime juice, and straw mushroom) chicken soup from the local Thai restaurant.  I didn't eat any of the chunky parts.  I remember we went to an Indian Restaurant and I had one of their kormas, but just spooned up the sauce and left the meat and rice alone.  It was a little spicy, but at that point I don't think I cared. 

Frozen yogurt was a good treat.  Heavy cream in protein shakes were a god send, but I don't remember when I added that to the diet. 

This too shall pass!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Valerie G.
on 10/18/14 2:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Nothing tasted particularly "good" for a good six months for me.  Even my absolute favorite foods got a "meh" reaction at best.  That being said - you're  completely normal, but don't expect much pleasure in it.  Ricotta cheese is my favorite soft food, though, and at 7g in a tiny quarter cup, I ate the hell out of it for a couple of years.  My favorite was my own concoction "Ricotta fluff".  I mixed a tub of ricotta with SF instant pudding mix, then added heavy cream and with a mixer, beat it to my desired consistency.  It tastes indulgent, but extremely good for us.  You can also add a little tomato sauce to ricotta and melt mozzerella to it and enjoy a wonderful lasagna flavor sans the noodles.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsLacemeupx2
on 10/18/14 3:20 am

Thank you ladies! 

neamom
on 10/18/14 9:28 am

refried beans with cheese and taco sauce, scrambled eggs with butter, yogurts, egg salad, chicken noodle soup- of course the last couple whipped a little in a blender

MsLacemeupx2
on 10/18/14 10:01 am

Thank you so much for these recommendations...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 114 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 658 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views