Vita lady vitamins make me sick

Cmenow1
on 12/17/14 12:58 am

Hi Everyone,

the DS packet I ordered makes me sick to my stomach and my hair is falling out. Any ideas would be great. So far down 77 lbs and feel like me again, but concerned about muscle mass loss. 

Thank you. 

larra
on 12/17/14 2:06 am - bay area, CA

It's possible that there is something about the vitamins, maybe the coating, that is making you sick, but the reason your hair is falling out is from rapid weight loss, and not from any brand of vitamins. This happens to many people who lose weight rapidly after any bariatric surgery, or even rapid weight loss without surgery. Your hair will come back eventually as the weight loss slows.

Meanwhile, congrats on the excellent weight loss, and try a different brand of vitamins and see if that helps. You can get the "dry" vitamins directly from the manufacturer (Biotech). See if that helps.

Larra

hollykim
on 12/17/14 3:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

are you taking them with food. ANY vitamins make me sick with out food. 

Hair loss is also from anesthesia. Google telogen effluvium  

MajorMom
on 12/17/14 6:38 pm - VA

The iron made me sick at first. I had to add a pill a wee****il I was able to take the full dose. The other pill that gets some folks is zinc. You might try to take those out and see if the same thing happens. Keep scaling bac****il you find the culprit. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 12/17/14 11:55 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I would check Gina's suggestions and then move on to eliminating other vitamins one at a time to
see if there is one in particular that is causing you problems.

I almost always eat vits with at least a little something in my stomach so that might help.
Iron is best with as little as possible but when I have a problem with iron I have some protein
and that helps.

Huneypie
on 12/18/14 1:18 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I found the Vitalady zinc hard to swallow, but that went down a lot better with a little something to eat (ie yogurt).  Or I found the Now Foods Zinc Picolinate 50mg in capsule went down a lot more easily - just save the zinc you have for when you're more able to take it.  I tried the Country Life zinc lozenge and it tasted bad, so wouldn't recommend that.

Re your hair, start taking biotin so it when it grows back it comes back nice 'n healthy.  Superior Source do it in a tiny sublingual, so that should go down easily as it just melts under your tongue.

In the meantime have a look at getting a wig - there are some really cute ones on ebay and Amazon.  There are loads of Youtube videos showing how to put them on and there are more people out there wearing them than you'd realize.  If your hair is long you could tie it back and get a drawstring pony tail like one of these: PONYTAIL

The ponytails take 2 minutes to fit and if you have straightish hair, use a kirby grip to make it stay put (they have combs, but they can slide out of straighter hair).

Neither your signature nor your profile say how far out you are, but you must be a ways out to be down 77lb (congrats BTW).  You want to be on 30g protein by 30 days out, 60g protein by the time you're 60 days out and 90g by 90 days.  Long term 120g is a good minimum and protein shakes will help you if you're struggling to reach that number.

Vitalady sells different protein shake samples, so you can try a few and find one that you really like the flavor and consistency of.

BTW you can open the calcium (blue) capsule and magnesium citrate (green and white) capsules and sprinkle them into your food or drink if that helps.

You can also take this Superior Source sublingual vitamin C - you'll need to take 2 to get 1,000mg to replace the Vitalady one.  They taste really nice - citrusy and I consider them a treat!   The sweetener is stevia and most people are fine with that and again they just melt on your tongue.

MEGA GIRL - Shake N Go Equal Synthetic Drawstring Ponytail #1B/530

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

dana D.
on 12/18/14 1:48 am - Seaside, CA

I shop at Vitalady and am very happy with the dry vitamins.   I buy everything seperate no packets.  Her Calcium with or without  magnesium really mess with my stomach.  Must be the coating or filler because the exact amounts of Cal/Mag in other calcuim pills don't upset me.  Maybe they are the problem.  

Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 137 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 679 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views