Anyone out there who had the SADI-S

Samantha Ragland
on 12/15/14 4:35 pm

I am 8 weeks post op and  having a hard time and really want to find someone who can relate to me. Thanks

Star0210
on 12/15/14 10:00 pm
DS on 11/28/14

What's wrong?

newlifetax
on 12/16/14 12:08 am
DS on 10/27/14

I'm 7 weeks out and things are going great for me.  I'm down 42lb from the day I had surgery.  What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Samantha Ragland
on 12/16/14 6:19 am

No problem.  I just wanted to find others to talk with. Last wwwk was my first week I didn't lose any weight. Not sure if that's normal or not but I have been having a hard time fighting temptations. Just looking for support.  Also trying to really understand the difference between us and the original DS

Star0210
on 12/16/14 6:42 am
DS on 11/28/14

At this early stage manna...I don't think there's much of a difference.

Down the road once you're on regular food all the time, I think the only difference is you won't be able to eat quite as much fat as a traditional DS'er. That's about it.

newlifetax
on 12/16/14 11:57 am
DS on 10/27/14

I had one week where I didn't lose. Otherwise, I have lost a minimum of 2-3 lb per week. I will be honest, I have not really watched what I've been eating other than making sure that I'm eating mostly protein. I'm eating bacon, sausage, or eggs for breakfast. Mid morning, I usually have a Greek yogurt. Lunch is usually something like meatloaf, a hamburger patty, chili, etc. I had a chick-fil-a sandwich for lunch today. Mid afternoon, I will eat some string cheese or a couple slices of deli meat, etc.  For dinner, I eat similar to lunch. Tonight, I ate the meat off of a pulled pork sandwich. 

As you can see, I pay no attention to the fat that I'm eating. I'm concentrating on keeping the carbs low. I eat very little rice, pasta, bread, etc. With that said, I do allow myself to have a little ice cream or a few bites of other sweets once or twice a week. I'm talking maybe a quarter cup or less. 

As I become able to eat my daily protein with ease, I plan to add in more nuts, fruits and vegetables.

This is how I have been eating and I think I'm losing at a good pace. Chicken has been the only thing I have had trouble tolerating. I can eat pork and beef fine (though I havent tried steak) but if I eat chicken I have to add sauce and go really slow with really small bites. I don't regret a thing about this surgery except that I didn't do it years ago. 

Samantha Ragland
on 12/16/14 12:43 pm

That's how I eat but I feel guilty. Say we have lasagna for dinner with a salad. I figure if I can only have a few bites any ways what harm can it do. Then I feel horrible after. I always think to myself that I won't lose weight if keep sneekin in those carbs here n there, even though it's not much. Have you been exercising? 

Valerie G.
on 12/17/14 12:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Try making a seperate lasagna for yourself, sans the noodles with extra egg mixed into the ricotta so it sets well.  My husband eats this with me and loves it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kdiva
on 12/17/14 7:19 am - Margate, FL

Do you mind sharing your recipe? 

DS: 5/28/14

HW: 310

SW: 302

CW: 160 ( 1 year post-op) 160 lbs gone

Valerie G.
on 12/18/14 3:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Honestly, I don't have one.  Lasagna is something I do like a meatloaf - by see and taste and by what I have. I use a carton of ricotta and mix with three eggs, parmesan, basil and nutmeg.  I layer sauce > cheese > ricotta > sauce > cheese > ricotta until I get to the top of the dish.  I make the sauce a little thick by adding extra tomato paste and lots of sausage and chunky tomatoes.  When it cooks, the eggs hold the ricotta together so it doesn't ooze so much (but it does just a little).  It's delicious, and nobody misses the noodles.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views