2 Months Post-Op SADI-S

newlifetax
on 12/26/14 9:51 pm
DS on 10/27/14

I'm 2 months post-op with the SADI-S procedure with Dr.Paul Enochs. I just wanted to give a quick update on my progress for those who are considering this procedure. Since surgery, I have lost 47lbs. I have gone from 4xl shirts to 3xl. My pants size has gone from 60 down to 54. For the first time in years, my weight now starts with a 2 instead of 3. 

Physically, I feel awesome. My feet no longer hurt and my back hurts much less. I can go up the stairs easily without running out of breath. My energy level is so much better than it was 2 months ago. I can honestly say that this is the best decision I have ever made for my health. 

I've still got a long way to go and a lot to work on. I'm hoping to lose at least 100lb more but my doc seems to think I will lose another 120lb or more. The only problems I have had since coming home from the hospital are learning to eat slowly (still struggling with it) and with poultry. I can do beef, pork, and seafood just fine, but chicken and turkey make me feel uncomfortable. Otherwise, I can eat anything I want with no problems. 

airbender
on 12/26/14 10:16 pm

congrats!  that is great news, in such short time you have done so well.  you may have a long way to go but you are on a great path.  I am sure you feel great physically.   interesting how everything except chix and turkey are difficult for you.  so 47 down, 100 to go....nice goal. continued success to you 

Star0210
on 12/26/14 10:43 pm
DS on 11/28/14

Congratulations! You're doing awesome!

KatChat
on 12/27/14 12:54 am

Congrats, James!  Your results are awesome.  Keep up the great work.  I am about 4 1/2 months out with the same procedure and have lost 98 pounds.  Like you, I also feel this is the best decision I have ever made to improve my health.  Thanks for the update.  Happy New Year and Happy New You in 2015!  KP

Valerie G.
on 12/27/14 4:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm so glad you're off to a great start.  Poultry is extremely dense in the stomach...especially chicken breast.  Opt for dark meat, slow roasted chicken and turkey.  Here's some cooking tips I wrote in dsfacts.com.  Click Here

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lelu2312
on 12/27/14 6:55 am
DS on 10/27/14

Congrats on your progress! We have the same surgery date with Dr. Enochs :). I'm so happy with my DS and he is a great doctor. Sorry to hear about the chicken, I've be able to eat most foods at 2 months. Good luck with your continued success!

SWEETMEL7
on 12/27/14 10:31 am - NY

You might want to try chicken thighs.  It is better because it has more fat then chicken breast. I make chicken soup with the thighs.  I am a year out and my stomach likes it better..

SWEETMEL7
on 12/27/14 10:44 am - NY

I had the SADI on 12/3/13 and loved the results so fsr. HW 268 and now 114. I never thought I would have lost over 150 lbs. I love fish and skirt steak. Stews and soups.  No more HBP, A1C is normal along with normal cholesterol. I have no complaints! ! I not a fan of chicken and turkey , anymore.  I est home made chicken soup but that's about it.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/14 1:06 pm

Congrats on your progress!

I had the same surgery about 2 weeks after you. I'm 1.5 months out from the SADi procedure and I also can tolerate most foods, but not chicken or turkey. I tried dark meat but it still doesn't go down well. I can tell almost immediately after I bite into something if it will not go down well, and turkey and chicken never do. Other than that everything is good.

Good luck!

PeteA
on 12/29/14 2:39 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congrats. Great to go from the 3's to the 2's. Great victory.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 107 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views