DISAPPOINTED

Karen M.
on 1/20/15 12:28 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14

I had DS on 12/1/14 and have only lost 35 pounds.  I haven't lost anything for the past two weeks and I am staying within the guidelines of my food restrictions.  Anyone have any suggstions?  Could this be a plateau?  How long does it last?

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

Shawnern
on 1/20/15 1:19 am - Rochester, MN

Why aren't you happy with 35 pounds in 6 weeks? Your going to have stalls along the way and you started out at a lower weight than some of us. The higher your weight the bigger you lose. How are your clothes fitting? You are just now probably starting to eat enough protein and your body is still in the oh **** mode. Ride it out, you'll get there!

Karen M.
on 1/20/15 2:46 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14

Thanks.  That makes me feel better.  

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

Honeyshell
on 1/20/15 5:40 am

I think we get in the mode of if we aren't losing them we must be doing something wrong. I am 6 months out started at 239, and am currently at 167. I think to myself all the time, shouldn't I have lost more than that???? But then I look at it, and say wow that's good 70 plus lbs in 6 months. Not to shabby. I feel better, I am no longer on meds, I can walk 2 miles and not feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, I can chase my grandbaby around, and my cholesterol is the best it's ever been. I will eb 43 in April, just celebrated my 24 wedding anniversary. I think I'm doing pretty darn good. I also think we have to put a positive spin on it, look how much better off we are ;)

Good luck with your journey, don't be so hard on yourself!!! Take time to enjoy the new healthier you.

Valerie G.
on 1/20/15 6:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I remembered how disappointed I was at 8 weeks when I had only lost 46 lbs.  I really wanted to return to work saying I'd lost 50 lbs already.  I don't know why - it was the number I'd dreamed of at that point out.

Anyway - you will encounter several...I mean SEVERAL stalls along the way.  I used these times to try on new clothes, usually discovering I'd gone down a size or three.  It put a positive spin on the event.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Karen M.
on 1/20/15 7:01 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14

Great idea. 

PattyL
on 1/20/15 7:42 am

Weight loss is always about percentages of total body weight.  Most of those folks you read about dropping 60lbs in a month start out with  a higher BMI.  If your ticker is right and you are already at 190, the rest of your weight loss is going to be slower because you don't have much left to lose.

Karen M.
on 1/20/15 7:55 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14

I started out at 268 and I'm now about 33-35 lbs down.  

MamaShelia
on 1/20/15 10:07 am

Congratulations on your weight loss! that is awesome...I could never do that with ANY OTHER weight loss program...how about THAT for a positive! !!?!!!

I am with Valerie...try on outfits, old things you have in the corner of the closet, go window shopping and try on new things and see how close you are! Count those NSVs--non scale victories...can you walk a longer distance, a greater amount of time? Do you see your lap!? 

Seriously, we are going to have stalls (and you will need to remind me of this next summer!) but 35 pounds is a ton of weight and your innards have to catch up with your outside and your brain and reflection will take even longer than that to catch hop----ride it out and keep rocking it out!

Great job!

Shelia

JazzyOne9254
on 1/20/15 5:38 pm, edited 1/20/15 5:40 pm

Are you kidding?  35 pounds is a lot for that time frame! 

I'm not sure where you started, but there is an anecdote - no science to back it up yet-that the more you have to lose, the faster you lose it.

When I had my DS nearly 6 years ago, my surgery day weight was 397.  I had topped out at 405.

I think I lost about 35 pounds my first month, too.  Give it time.  Nobody promised you'd wake up with all the excess weight gone in a month's time.  It's a process, and it takes time to do it right.  Keep up with your PROTEIN VITAMINS and MINERALS, especially vitamins A, D, E, K1 and K2, AND CALCIUM CITRATE (take it along with your Vitamin D)  DSer's are more prone to deficiencies in the ADEK's which are the fat-soluble vitamins.  You need to take each one of those in dry capsule form, not the oily capsules you can get at the drugstore. You won't absorb them.  They can be had in dry form, but must be mail ordered. 

PM me.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views