OMG...My AAAHHHH Moment....my NSV

twodelight
on 4/14/15 3:30 am - Atlanta, GA

I've had my surgery for 4 1/2 years now and I am just getting this.  Last wee****lebrated my 25th sorority anniversary and I spent the weekend with my linesisters.  I was overly concerned because of my issues with gas.  Totally nervous what my body was going to do.  Come to my amazement, I did not encounter that much gas.  I kept wondering where is it.  Is my body going to give me an epic fail at any time.  That made me more nervous.  I felt like a totally normal person the entire weekend.  I had some gas but very little.  So on Sunday I went to a girlfriend's house for dinner.  With dinner I was served Crystal Light.  While I was on the plane my stomach cramped up and I said to myself, here comes the gas.  This was the moment I had been waiting for all weekend long.  But not on the plane.  Shortly after I arrived home, a light bulb went off.  The only thing different I ate or drank was the Crystal Light.  I drink the Walmart version of Crystal Light all the time at home and ALWAYS have gas for like a few hours or more depending on how much I drink.  So for 4 days I didn't have gas because I had not had any of my Walmart Crystal Light.  I thought to myself could that be my cure all.  So I did an experiment on yesterday.  I did not drink any of my Walmart Crystal Light and lo and behold, NO GAS.  I finally figured it out for myself.  I brought more water and grape juice because that's what I had over the weekend.  I know everything in moderation, bu****er from now on is my new friend.  I know, sometimes it takes a big rock thrown at me to get it.  You can't imagine how happy I am right now.

NoreenRT
on 4/14/15 10:00 am - Warner Robins, GA

It's a great feeling when we figure out our triggers.  Good for you.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

MajorMom
on 4/14/15 7:02 pm - VA

Congratulations!  : )

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 4/15/15 2:58 am

What a relief, but it is a shame after so long we are so paranoid on how our body will respond.  I'm like that with the bathroom, but seem like my body is changing and I am not going to the bathroom as often...it seem like it goes thru some type of change yearly.  It could be the PCOS, but now I have to be really careful with my eating. High protein, low carbs. 

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

twodelight
on 4/15/15 3:05 am - Atlanta, GA

I still try to low carb it and can be successful most days. But I've also switched to gluten free which has helped me a lot too. 

Sunshine16
on 4/15/15 3:10 am

Do you have PCOS? It seem like that gluten-free diet is help a lot.  Some people even go to the Paleo diet.  Are you able to lose weight?

twodelight
on 4/15/15 3:13 am - Atlanta, GA

What is that?  I haven't tried to lose but I was going to try this summer. Maybe 10lbs is about what I need to lose or just maintain where I'm at. 

Sunshine16
on 4/15/15 3:58 am, edited 4/15/15 3:58 am

Yes I better start making my change, because I noticed every year since 2013 I have been gaining weight.  I do not have all the side effects below but I have noticed I am sensitive to sugar. 

What is PCOS?   PCOS is a hormonal imbalance. In women with PCOS the ovaries produce too much male hormones (androgens), making it difficult or impossible for the ovaries to release an egg. This leads to cysts on the ovaries and a host of troublesome symptoms.

Symptoms of PCOS

• Irregular or absent periods
  • Pelvic pain
  • Cysts on the ovaries
  • Infertility
  • Depression
  • Cystic Acne
  • Weight gain
  • Hair loss and facial hair growth (hirsutism)
  • Sleep apnea

twodelight
on 4/15/15 4:11 am - Atlanta, GA

At I've never heard of that until you mentioned it. Im not experiencing these symptoms. I think that sugar thing might be right. I eat candy ice cream and cake and feel just fine. I have to work on limitations. I kinda sorta do but I could do better. 

SJb41976
on 4/16/15 12:13 am
DS on 02/29/16

So I'm thinking of revising my VSG to DS and I'm worried about bowel issues: gas and poop. How limited did you feel about being in public or private with friends and family because of your gas (before you figured out the trigger). I mean, it sounds like you considered not going to a special event because of embarassing gas. 

I just want to know what I'm getting into because it took you 4.5 years of embarrassing gas to figure this out?? How is this going to affect my relationships. How much gas do you really get?

Thanks for any input!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views