nervous......SCARED!!!

chienpoo1
on 5/1/15 8:18 am

As i approach my surgery date (05/15/15), i am quite worried. I have no one to talk to about my fears and noone i know is aware of this procedure. this forum is my only outlet and therefore i feel obliged to put my fears out here. here are some of my fears...

Am i doing the right thing? am i been selfish? i  have a 5 year old who needs his mommy...why am i doing this?  who will i rely on if something goes wrong? who will my baby rely on if i am not around? although i have no doubt this doctor is competent, will i be his first mistake? I was turned away at one location, before getting accepted at a new location, was that god's way of warning me to not do this surgery? these are some of my fears...i wake up at night in sweat. I am afraid. This is the only forum  that give me  hope throughout my journey, this site has been my companion, so i am turning to you guys... have you all experience this fear? please help me put my mind at ease...i know it might not much.. but your words of wisdom will help.

trumanorme
on 5/1/15 9:01 am, edited 5/1/15 9:02 am - KS

I think we all went through this journey with the same doubts and worries. It is a normal reaction with this/any major surgery. Everything will work out fine. Just think about the future and the things you will be able to do with your little one. Your life will be so much better. It is difficult the first 3-6 months while your body is healing, and you are adjusting, but then you will love it and wish you would have done it sooner. Just make sure you follow the instructions, and especially follow your vitamin regiment closely. Everything will be just fine.

PattyL
on 5/2/15 3:30 am

Chances are you and your little guy will have a much longer future together because of this surgery.  And you will be able to play with him and be an active mom.

All the thoughts are completely normal.  Everyone hates change but sometimes you just have to do it!

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/15 1:52 pm

Congratulations on your brave decision to have the surgery. I also went thru it 6 months ago alone with no family or friends involved. That was my choice which I'm glad for. The hospital staff will generally be very caring and helpful while your in, and once you're a few weeks out, you will start to notice the weight loss making a big difference quickly. Your 5 year old will need a mom who can be involved in their life as much as possible, which will never happen at a morbidly obese level. Your basically making an investment in the future life for your child and for yourself.  

buffalobillsfan
on 5/6/15 9:31 pm - CA

I was so scared the day of surgery that I almost jumped out of the wheel chair and ran out of the hospital while they were bringing me to the operating room.  One thing that helped me so much was listening to pre-surgical meditation tapes. 

http://berniesiegelmd.com/products-page/audiobooks-cds/getting-ready-preparing-for-surgery-radiation-and-chemotherapy-with-minimal-side-effects/

It's a huge and scary decision but being scared doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.  It just means that you are thinking it thru.  I would be more concerned by someone having no fear whatsoever. 

GigiNDallas
on 5/12/15 5:53 pm - watauga, TX

I just went to my consultation today and the doc recommends this is the best surgery for me, really!??? I went in wanting the sleeve, but he said due to my diabetes this is the one that will benefit me the most. I am a single mom of two kids, so I am feeling you on this!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 278 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 752 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views