DS REVISION NOW WEIGHT GAIN!!!!HELP

BIGLOSER1NJ
on 5/22/15 5:37 am

HELLO ALL I HAVE BEEN OFF HERE FOR A WHILE LET ME RECAP. I HAD A LAPBAND REMOVAL TO DS ON 10-2011 STARTING WEIGHT WAS 266 I DROPPED DOWN TO A UNHEALTHY 155LBS. I WAS MALNOURISHED AND HAD TO HAVE INTRAVENOUS PROTEIN AND VITS 2 TIMES TO BRING MY LEVELS BACK UP. DR. GREENBAUM WAS VERY HELPFUL AND DECIDED THAT I NEEDED TO HAVE A REVISION BCZ OF MALNUTRITION AND EXTREME VIT DEFICIENCY. MY REVISION WAS IN 10-2013. MY LEVELS ARE NOW FINE BUT I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT I AM NOW AT 210LBS WHAT CAN I DO TO JUMPSTART MY WEIGHT LOSS OR AM I JUST ASSED OUT BCZ OF THE REVISION? (IN WHICH HE LENGTHENED MY CC)……..

PeteA
on 5/22/15 6:45 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

What is your menu / eating habits like these days?  It looks like you went for a long time where you were actively trying to put on weight abd fight the deficiencies so you may need to go back to your initial diet for a while and let what is left of the DS work for you.  Protein first, low carb, and possibly if you have more capacity you actually need to limit the amounts now.

How big is your CC now? You have less malabsorption now but there should still be some malabsorption going on - just not as much as you are used to. All of this is just my best guess of course. Other people may have some better ideas.   Good luck.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

BIGLOSER1NJ
on 5/22/15 6:49 am

Yes my eating habits are terrible!! So I am thinking that I am going to go back to no carbs/high protein and yes I have been trying to gain weight for so long that my eating habits are really bad!!!

Valerie G.
on 5/24/15 2:30 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Well they gave you a revision to gain weight and you got it.  Now you have to WORK to go back down.  Going back to basics is a great start.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views