Switched 7 days ago....can't wait for the bacon!

symorgan
on 6/24/15 1:44 pm - Cordova, TN

Hey Y’all!

I was switched one week ago today, so I am seven days out! Doing very well! Did too much today, but I know I needed to check in before y’all sent out the posse.

So, last Wednesday at 9:45 I was wheeled into surgery for a revision from RNY (2000) to a DS. I came out of surgery at 2:15 and was in my room at 3:30. Dr. Ayoola used a 32 French bougie and my common channel is 100 cm. There was a lot of scarring from two other abdominal surgeries, but all went well. I woke up with what I felt like was full clarity at 6pm that evening and I felt some pain, but not excruciating. Nurses were in report and the new nurse came in to tell me that I will be walking later that evening and I was due for pain meds if I wanted them. I asked if I could walk now, I felt fine and then get the pain meds after walking, she said sure! So I walked then and again about 11pm. The next morning at 7:30 I was scheduled for my leak test. And they wouldn’t take my catheter out until I went down for that, so I walked down to the test and back, got catheter out and had a good day. I was discharged on Friday, drain came out, and by noon we were in the car heading back towards Graceland! We took our time, and pulled over every hour and I walked for 10 minutes, and then we stopped that night at a hotel where I fully used the big girl potty for the first time and got home early midday Saturday.

Thank God that the surgery was uneventful and the recovery is going well!

I start soft foods tomorrow and have the ricotta fluff and yogurt and string cheese ready.  Ozium has been at the ready, but no real need for it yet. I was given an Isopure Plus 0 Carb Protein Drink Grape Frost, in the hospital and the nurse gave me a couple for the road. They were delicious and 15 grams of protein. Also I haven’t really tried any of my protein samples packs yet, so I remembered that Larra had mentioned she used the Atkins ready made and I like the chocolate one, the vanilla one tastes like pure sugar to me. Blech! I have had little trouble sipping since after the road trip home. And have been up and about and to Wal Mart already, but in the electric cart. 

Ummm….trying to think of what else I wanna say…TMI (my cycle started the day before, no big deal to them, mortifying to me!) and I got to keep my nail polish on!

My VitaLady starter pack of vits is still on backorder, so I got the multi and calcium and ADEK from Dr. Ayoola, which is still labeled with Dr. Stewart’s name on it. I was very impressed by the binder of information they gave me and how on point it was with everything I have read. Felt I made an awesome choice in doctors and an excellent choice in revision type!  Go back Thursday 2nd for a belly check up and am not weighing myself until then. My sister said, oh I bet you have lost at least 10 lbs by now, eating so little. I said, anyone can lose 10lbs by cutting back to almost nothing, I am ready to the get to the part where I am working that tool and watching the pounds fall of then! (That day is day 29 post op, if all goes well until then.)

Okay, so I am gonna get off for a bit and take a nap and will check back later!

I LOVE MY DS …already!

Thanks for all of the support and all of the hundreds of answers you guys have here and the hundreds of back threads I read from most of you VETS, coupled with my own research, I am not sure how I could have been more prepared!

on 6/25/15 1:22 am

Congrats and you made me laugh with the bacon statement . I felt the same way when I first had my DS. Getting tired of eating Bacon now though. Hahaha

VSG TO DS REVISION 

MajorMom
on 6/25/15 2:56 am - VA

Excellent! Congratulations!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active